Message to All Fellow Wattpad Writers (especially Filipino/Tagalog ones)

I'm sorry. Wattpad is a great web site. It allows anyone with the willingness to write to create their own stories and to know how many people like their creations.

Now, I realized that this great website has trapped you all in perpetuality. Rookies who enter here stay rookies, even when they become so popular. There are many books here written so well, but for my community and language (Filipino/Tagalog), it seems most of us have become stuck in writing 'kilig' (heart-tingling) stories and nothing more.

If I were to stay here, nothing will happen to me. The one thing every writer needs is to grow and improve. Here, people encourage you to only write 'kilig'. They don't encourage you to create elaborate plots or complex characters. It seems its the only thing people from my community here want. That just won't do for me.

Wattpad is a place where beginners can bring their ideas into the table. But from the things I've seen, most of these beginners only aim for more votes, instead of improving their writing skills. Votes are very high targets to aim for, but there are a million more targets higher than wattpad votes. If some of you writers are reading this, please reflect on your wattpad life from your first novel to your current one. Have you really improved? Has anything changed?

As someone trying to find a good place to write, I'll just be setting up camp someplace else. I don't expect you to share my opinion; I only want you to think.