Chapter twelve

Luna and I had to study every day since then. It was really boring, but we had each other and that made it better. Some days, Matt joined us to read more books about politics. I still find it weird. Although it's really good for him, now father has finally seen that Matt isn't completely 'useless'.

It was a Saturday evening when Luna and I were in the library. "Good, you are both still here." Father says when he and mother enter the room. We look up from our books to look at them. "Of course we are here, you told us we needed to study." Luna says to him. "Yes, I did. But that is not why we are here." "Then why are you here?" I ask father. "We came to tell you that you will get married tomorrow." Mother says smiling. "Tomorrow!?" Luna and I asked at the same time. "Yes, tomorrow. You will marry tomorrow in the evening and afterwards you will go on a honeymoon." "Why did we not know about this?" I ask them. "You did, we told you when we started planning." Mother answers. "Go to bed on time, we don't want you to be tired on your wedding." Father says to us and walks out of the room with mother.

Luna looks at me worried. "I didn't expect it to be this soon." "I didn't either." She puts her book down and looks at me. "Is it going to be for every one of the country?" "Yes and the other countries that show it on television." "That's scary." She says sounding afraid. I put my book down and walk to her. I sit down next to her and put my hand on her cheek. I caress her cheek and smile at her. "I'm afraid too, but I really love you. And I want to marry you, that makes it less scary." "I want to marry you to and I like being here, it's like a dream every day. It's just..." She starts but she becomes silent. I take both her hands and hold them. "What's wrong?" "Do we...have to..." "Do we...?" "Do we have to..." she takes a deep breath. "Do I have to...be pregnant...when we return from the honeymoon?" That really took me off guard. "I...uh...I think so." She looks down. I lift her head to make her look at me. "Don't worry, we'll wait with that until we're both ready." She smiles at me. "Oh thank you! That is reassuring."

__________

"Wow, you look handsome." I turn around to look at him. "Thanks, Matt." He smiles and walks towards me. "Are you ready for your big day?" "I'm nervous." "That's good. You need to be nervous." "That's easy for you to say, you're not the one getting married for a whole country." He laughs. "Yeah, lucky me." "Wait until you get married, then I'll laugh with you." He stops laughing and looks serious to me. "You don't have to worry, it'll be perfect." I smile at him. "I hope so." He smiles again. "And I know so. Do you already know where you're going on your honeymoon?" "No, not yet." "It'll be some tropical place knowing our parents."

A servant enters the room. "My prince, it is time." "I am coming." Matt and I follow the servant. I walk to my place by the altar and turn so that my back is facing the crowd. I look at Matt who stands close to me and whisper. "This is way less frightening then looking at them." He smiles. "I can believe that." He says while looking around the crowd.

Suddenly we hear music starting to play. I get more nervous especially when I look at Matt who looks at Luna in awe. After a while of waiting I hear footsteps coming closer. When she stands next to me, I look at her. "You're beautiful." I whisper to her. She smiles and whispers back. "And you look handsome."

After hearing the priest say a lot of things I didn't hear because I was busy looking at Luna, he said. "Do you, Prince William, take this woman, Luna Hurn, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in heath, in good times and woe, keeping yourself solely unto her for as long as you both shall live?" "I do." He then looks at Luna. "Do you, Luna Hurn, take this man, Prince William, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, to love, in good times and woe, keeping yourself solely unto him for as long as you both shall live?" "I do." "You may exchange the rings." After we exchanged the rings we looked back at the priest. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." We both look at each other, I lean in and kiss her. She kisses me back, we stop kissing when we hear the crowd applauding. "Prince William and his wife, princess Luna. Our future king and queen." The priest says.

__________

-Matt's POV-

I look at my brother and my new sister in law. They're so happy, they're made for each other. "It is beautiful, is it not?" I don't look at him, I'm still looking at Will and Luna. "Yes father, I am happy for them." "I am to, it feels good as a parent to see your child get married." I see him looking at me from the corner of my eye. "I wonder when you will get married." Well, there goes my good mood. He looks back at Will and Luna. "I made a good decision. She is perfect for him. Beautiful, polite, kind, she is just perfect. And William really loves her, they make each other happy. And they love each other, the perfect couple." He say smiling. I look down. Why doesn't she love me? Why? He looks back at me. "Are you alright? Is something-" "Hazel." I interrupt him. I look at him. "Her name is Hazel Cort." He smiles at me. "Thank you, Matthew." With that said, he walked away. I take a deep breath and look back at Will and Luna.

______________________________________________________________