The bribe

Author's Note;

Please know that the first section of this chapter, the conversation between Liana and Peter, happened a DAY AFTER the Witch Weekly article was released. The rest after that are in present time.

Thank-you, and I hope you enjoy!

P.S- The earlier chapters of the story are in editing. Please do not read them over yet. They aren't finished. Once they are, you can go back and look, so you'll see the changes in the story. Otherwise, carry on.

Oh & be prepared for some.. mild swearing this chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liana Nockshire was a bitch.

Evidently, her best friend, Mariah Johnson, was one too.

Everybody in school knew it.

Hell, they both knew it.

But there was something different about Liana that made her so much more.. threatening. She wasn't the type of girl you would want to be enemies with. You wouldn't want to get onto her bad side. She's the kind of girl you either love, or you hate. There truly is no in-between. She's straight-forward and direct. She liked to go after things for the hell of going after them, and evidently, she liked going after boyfriends.

Whether they were taken or not didn't quite matter to her.

Oblivious to how anyone else felt, Liana took what she thought ought to be hers. And she used any means to get them.

"Those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends."

"You're too much of a Slytherin for your own good, you know that, Liana?'" Mariah had always said this to her.

But Liana was persistent.

Cunning, though she undoubtedly was, she knew she was more brave than anything.

At least, that's what she liked to tell herself.

She and Mariah had been best friends as soon as they started at Hogwarts. They had too much in common to not like each other. Liana didn't believe there was anything she could not tell her.

Mariah grew up in a pure-blood family, both her parents belonging to the Gryffindor House. Liana's family was fairly the same, apart from the fact that Liana's parents were much better off financially than Mariah's. Liana was literally the spitting image of her mother. She had a long, slim nose, thin lips, olive-toned skin, and her eyebrows were always done up perfectly - so perfectly that the arch almost looked natural. With her body, Liana lacked a bit. She was thin, and slightly flat-chested. She had nice hips, and her hour glass figure would have probably been more prominent if she'd gain a little more weight.

But there was nothing Liana was more afraid of than gaining weight.

No. Liana was perfectly happy with her petite, slender frame. She knew she was naturally cute looking at first glance. A slight dimple in her right cheek when she smiled gave her a more youthful appearance, and her dark eyes gave her a studious kind of look about her. She wore her hair short, naturally, with honey blonde curls falling just slightly above her chin. Overall, she was nothing special, but she had something about her. She had - what Mariah called - the 'it' factor. She had an 'it' quality about her. No one could quite put their finger on what made her so uniquely attractive, but there was no doubt that she was.