Chapter 15

"Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny." – C.S. Lewis

"Wait."

Amanda looks in surprise at Edmund as he pulls away his hand.

"I think something's happening. It seems like the colour's slowly returning to her face."

Amanda grabs Macy's wrist and searches for a pulse. Nothing seems to happen at first, but after a few seconds she's starting to feel a low pulse, slowly getting stronger. "I feel a pulse!" she happily exclaims.

Macy slowly opens her eyes and looks into the faces of Amanda, Edmund, Thomas and Reepicheep, who are all hanging over her, nervously waiting for something to happen. "H-hey," she says, trying to smile.

Edmund quickly takes her in his arms and holds her tightly. "I can't believe you're alive."

Macy rests her head on his shoulder as she looks at Amanda and Thomas. "Amy, what happened?"

"You were stabbed but Lucy's cordial saved you," Amanda explains. She suddenly seems to realize what Macy just said. "Amy? Did you really call me that? You haven't called me that since–"

"Since I lost my memory. I think the cordial healed more than just my wounds."

"What are you saying? You remember?"

Macy nods right before she hugs her best friend. "I remember everything."

∞∞∞∞  

All Narnians walk together to Cair Paravel to celebrate their victory. Up front of them walk Edmund and Macy, with right behind them Thomas and Amanda. Reepicheep is standing on Amanda's shoulder, proudly lifting his sword into the air. 

Macy is smiling wide as she looks around and takes in all the beauty of Narnia. It really feels like home. "Aslan!" she shouts as she suddenly sees Him in the corner of her eye. "Aslan!"

Everyone follows Macy's gaze and watch the beautiful lion walk with them. 

He proudly looks at His people.

Once they reach the palace, everyone waits in front of the gates and kneels down for Aslan.

He watches each and every one of them before He rests his eyes on Thomas. "Thomas."

"Y-yes?" Thomas asks, keeping his eyes on the ground. 

"You did well today."

"Thank You. It means everything to hear You say that."

"You may rise up now. Everyone, rise up."

Everyone rises up immediately and watch Aslan as He smiles at Thomas. "You put everyone before yourself, that was very noble of you. I think you've finally learned what you needed to learn."

Thomas's jaw almost drops in surprise. "What are You saying? Does that mean—"

"Yes. Your wish will come true. You may go home." Aslan turns around to face the gates and roars loudly at them, causing the gates to turn into a portal.

"When you walk through it, you will return to you own world."

"Does this mean we have to go home as well?" Macy asks, sounding sad. "I'd like to stay here a little longer."

Aslan looks at the rings around Macy's fingers. "The special thing about magical rings is the fact that they never lose their powers."

Hope appears in Macy's eyes. "Does that mean we can travel with them whenever and wherever we want?"

Aslan nods, confirming her thoughts.

"That's amazing!" Amanda enthusiastically exclaims. This means they can go home, but this won't be the end of their adventures in Narnia. Her enthusiasm immediately disappears as she realizes Thomas doesn't have any rings. "But Thomas can't come back, can he?" 

"What are you talking about? We can always lend him the rings," Macy says.

Amanda shakes her head. "No, we can't. Look at the rings."

Macy takes off her rings and observes them carefully. "I don't see anything?"

"Look closer."

Macy takes another look and then she sees it. Macy's name is engraved in her rings. "D-does this mean—"

"She's right, Macy," Aslan says. "Only one person can use the rings. The only possibility for someone else to use them is if they receive it as a gift. The name in the rings will be changed, but once your name is removed it will be removed forever."

"Oh," Macy sighs, disappointed. "But I guess that's not that much of a problem. We'll just make sure we spend some time in Narnia and at home."

"We don't even know if that's possible, Macy. Time's different here, you know that. What if we get back here and Edmund is already much older than you?"

"Then let's all stay here," Macy suggests.

Amanda looks at Thomas. She can't expect him to stay here. He wanted to return home for so long, she can't take this from him. But the thought of living without him hurts her heart in more ways than she had ever thought possible. She looks at Reepicheep, who had become very special to her and feels her heart break. And then there's Aslan. How could she possibly live without Aslan?

∞∞∞∞  

"I've made my decision," Amanda says as she looks at her friends.

"A decision?" Macy asks in surprise.

"I understand that you want to stay here, Macy, but I have to go home with Thomas."

Macy nods in understanding. "But you have to come back soon. I don't want to be a grandma by the time you get back," she jokes, even though she can't bring herself to smile.

"That's just the thing, Macy. I won't be coming back."

A/N

Hey hey!
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. The story is almost coming to an end, only 3 short chapters to go. 
How do you think this story will end? Will Amanda really never come back to Narnia? And what about Macy? Will she stay in Narnia or go home with Amanda and Thomas?

It would mean so much if you'd vote and/or leave a comment. I'd really like to know what you think. Not only about what's happening in the story but how it's written as well.

Love.