Chapter 1-The Hockey Life

It was game day in Pittsburgh, like every other night I was walking along Mario Lemieux 's house and was wearing a black penguins jersey with Crosby on the back and a backwards black penguins cap. Since I was walking to the game near his house, a guy was driving by in his black tinted window range rover and rolled down the window saying "are you headed to the game?" And I was like "yeah" thinking to myself, how did he know?

But then I remembered that I was wearing a jersey and a Pittsburgh penguins hat. He asks if I was walking and I said yeah.

"Do you need a ride?"

"Yeah that would be great"

Once I got in the passenger seat of his car, I introduced myself "hi, my name is Lexi." And he looked confused as if I knew who he was but says instead "My name is Sidney". He asks "Are you meeting people at consol?" And I said "nope, just me".

He looked surprised.

"What number is your seat?"

"seat 421"

He had an expression on his face like he was going to tell me something. "Do you want to sit in the penguins box with us?" My face lit up withexcitement.

"I thought fans or people weren't allowed in the players box except the penguins crew."

He said that's true, but I'll make an exception. I asked if he wanted me to enter in the regular way, but he said that I could enter the way he did. On the inside I was so ecstatic that I nearly gave him a bear hug but I refrained because it might scare him off.

So we pulled up to the penguins parking lot and a lot of fans were surrounding the lot and car. I must have looked scared because Sidney said "this is totally normal just look like they aren't there". I said "okay" with nervousness in my shaky tone of voice. We finally parked after security cleared his parking space of fans.

He said "this might get a bit hectic, and I asked "why?"

"Look outside your window"

When I looked outside, fans crowded my door with expressions of envy. He suddenly took my hand and said get your stuff. I grabbed my purse and braced myself. After a moment I turned to look towards him but he wasn't in the drivers seat anymore.

A tap on the glass on the passenger side made me turn my head and I see Sid telling me to unlock my door. I did as told and Sid took my hand and gently slid me out of the car. Fans were crowded behind a line of crowd control security, so we would have space to walk to the players entrance where fans were not permitted.

He held my hand after I got out of the car and we walked between security to arrive at the entrance. Even after we walked through the players entrance he held my hand. I thought this is going to be a great game.

Once we got through, we walked around to the penguins entrance and not in front of the visitors door. I knew it was a superstition but I didn't say anything. We arrived at the penguins door, and I stood there fascinated, and he stopped to turn towards me.

"Is it okay if you come in with me, so I can get changed and I will set you up with pens gears so people won't ask any questions about the rules?"

By this time, I was speechless, not even the players wives or girlfriends get to do this.

"That sounds fine". When we entered, we headed towards the locker rooms and he suddenly stopped and said "stay here, okay?" I said "okay"

He let go of my hand and left my hand with a cold stinging breeze. I didn't like the feeling at all. The loss of heat from his hands made me think that feelings are starting to intensify about this whole situation. While I was waiting, I noticed that there were photos hung up on the wall. I walked over to go see them and while I was looking at them, some of the penguins teammates, guessing that they were Sids friends snuck up behind me, and said "so you must be Lexi." I suddenly turned around startled and said, "yes that's me".

Trying to sound not startled and nervous at all. My voice cracked a little and that didn't help the assurance. They looked at each other like, this is going to be fun. But I wasn't about to let Sids friends make me feel uncomfortable.

They suddenly lifted me off my feet and headed straight into the locker room, I shielded my eyes with my hands because it was a guys locker room, I didn't know what to expect. They set me down and someone came over and set their hands on my wrists assuring me that no one would necessarily would be naked but I didn't want to put my hands down in case they were teasing me.

But I recognized the heat from his hands and knew that it was Sid. My hands fell into my lap and everyone was surrounding me holding up pens gear merchandise. I turned to Sid and he said "here are some clothes for you to wear during the game."

I was so shocked and surprised that I didn't know what to say. All that came out was "thank you"

"You can change in that room over there and I'll wait here, okay?"

I said "okay"

I gathered the clothes from each player and headed to the room to change. I changed out of my jersey into a penguins hockey t-shirt, a penguins reebok jacket, reebok s87 collection shoes, and I kept my pens cap on. It actually looked like I was part of the penguins ice team or something. When I was folding my clothes, I heard a tap on the door.

Author's Note: Hi guys, tell me how this is and I will publish the other part soon! Leave a comment to tell me to either improve or if you liked it! Thanks!