Abandoned

(still Jack's POV. Most of the story will be in Jack's POV, but there might be a change at the end of the book. ;) Also, I'm putting a TRIGGER WARNING because there's some stuff character does and thinks that may be triggering, so PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. I'll put four of these **** when it starts.)

The next place Jack went was the park. Because it had just rained, no one would be there. He was happy for that, he couldn't be around people today. 

He walked over to the grass, and laid down, not caring that his pants or his back were getting wet. The grass shimmered in the sunlight. There were flowers blooming of all colors, blue, red, pink, orange, yellow. The sky was still slightly cloudy, but the sun was bright enough to overpower the clouds. 

The birds were chirping cheerily. Everything else was quiet. Jack closed his eyes, and remembered the first time he realized he loved Mark. 

(Cue flashback)

Mark and Jack had been friends for a few months, and their friendship was as strong as ever. They did pretty much everything together, seeing as Mark lived down the street. 

"Hey, Jack!" Mark yelled excitedly. He wanted to show Jack something special, something he didn't show anyone. 

****TRIGGER WARNING!!! PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION!****

Jack sat in room. His dad wasn't there, thankfully. Ever since his mom died, Jack's father had always told him it was his fault. Everything was his fault. He blamed Jack for every little thing, and his son believed him.

All Jack had ever known about his mom, was that her death was his fault. His father blamed his alcohol problem on Jack. Because of his mom dying, he and his dad moved from Ireland to L.A. Jack never knew why they couldn't just move to a different house, but he didn't want to argue with his dad. He knew better than to do that. 

This always took a toll on him. He grew up thinking that he was a mistake, that he would never amount to anything. He was just the depressed kid without a mom and an abusive father. 

Every night, after his father was done hitting him, he would go up to his room and cry. He would cry about everything. His life, his lack of friends, his failing grades. But, after he finished crying, he would do something that he was sure to regret right after. He would cut.

To him, it seemed like cutting was the outlet he had. He couldn't  ask for help, because he had social anxiety. He had never gotten a phone, besides the one he bought for himself, and even though, he didn't have music to distract him. 

His thoughts had taken over him. But, the night he planned to kill himself, he ran into Mark. Ever since then, Jack had been happier. He'd thought he was okay. And, he was, for a few months. But, when the anniversary of his mom's death  came around, his happiness left. He thought he would be better off dead, and maybe then, his dad and Mark could be happy. Maybe dying was what he had to do for everyone to be happy.

"Jack? Are you okay?"  Jack heard Mark yell. It scared him, but reluctantly, he answered the door. He was met with a concerned Mark. 

"Jack, what's wrong?" Mark said softly. He shook my head, telling him he didn't want to talk about it. He pulled Jack into a hug, but when he pulled away, he looked down, and said, "Can I see your  wrists?"Jack slowly pulled up his sleeves, to reveal twenty new cuts on each wrist. Some of them were still bloody. 

Mark looked away, so his friend didn't see him cry. But, he did. 

"Mark, I'm sorry. I wish I could get help, but I don't know where to start." He said.

"Don't worry, Jack. I'll help you. Just no more cutting. Please, Jackaboy. Promise me that you'll try."  All he could do was nod, before Jack had started crying. He cried because he realized something. 

All his life, he was put down, bullied, abused. He was depressed, and ready for death. Until he met Mark. Mark changed his life. Mark had such a big, positive impact on Jack. Jack could tell his friend truly cared for him. Jack wouldn't even be alive without Mark. 

Whenever he saw Mark, he felt like he had butterflies in his stomach. When Mark looked at Jack, he blushed and had to look away so Mark couldn't see him blushing. Was this the thing called love? Is this what love felt like?

"Come on. I wanna show you something."  Mark said, with excitement in eyes. He grabbed Jack's hand, and ran out the door, towards the park. Jack wondered what could be so exciting about a park.

"Okay, close your eyes."

"What the hell? Why do I have to?"

"Just do it. Come one, Jackaboy."

After about five minutes of debate, Jack covered his eyes, and let Mark guide him. When he opened his eyes, he was in complete awe.

It wasn't much, but it was beautiful. Jack saw tons of trees, each with beautiful flowers, like cherry blossoms. He walked forwards, into the clearing. He saw a small pond, filled with fish, their scales sparkling in the sunlight. Families of ducks, mothers and her ducklings. 

"Y'know, I don't bring a lot of people here." Mark whispered. 

"Really? Why did you show me?" Jack whispered back, careful not to disturb any of the animals here.

"Because I care about you. I know you haven't had the best life, and I thought this would cheer you up."

And, it did. Seeing this made Jack extremely happy. But, his mind was somewhere else. Why would Mark show him, of all people? He thought about a lot of things, but mostly about Mark. 

After all his thinking, he came to a conclusion. He was in love with Mark, and nothing was ever going to change that.

(A/N I hope you liked this chapter! I really like writing this story. Also, if you're ever feeling depressed and sad, and have thoughts of hurting yourself, please call the suicide hotline: 1-800-273-8255 or you can PM me. Please, get help, because even if you don't know this, there are people out there that love you. I love you. I know what it feels like to be depressed and sad, and I'm getting help. If you're sad and thinking of bad things, just listen. You are important. Your life matters, you matter. There will be people that try to put you down, but there will always be someone to bring you back up, whether it be someone in real life, or just an internet friend. You are powerful. You can change the world. You control your own life. Don't let anyone tell you how you feel, or who you are, or how you think is wrong. Stand up for yourself, because you are your own person, and they can't tell you how to live your life. I hope that made someone's day. Byee my fluffy penguins. xx~ Jesse)