Chapter 4: Regret

I woke up in terror as I felt around my body shaking with fear. A dream...I thought. I got up, and immediately fell back down, I winced at the sudden pain that shot up through my side. I felt around my clothes, and they were covered with dried, hardened blood. This whole place smelled of death and infection. I wanted to burst into tears, not because of my current condition, but because my sacrifice, did not help at all. I sat alone, helpless. My heart throbbed with every beat. Give up. The voice spoke again, I ignored it. I couldn't do anything, but wait in this cell. I felt around the cell, adrenaline running through my veins as I tried to breath properly. Feeling around the walls I found it. The save star. Briefly running my head through it, I felt the warmth and determination surge through me...but it did not heal my HP.
A glitch perhaps? It felt like my guts were twisting inside of me, begging to be healed, to be fixed. Oh how I yearned for something to eat right now, to be with Sans, and have Flowey perched up on my shoulder like before. I felt completely hopeless, mourning over my failed attempt to free monsterkind. How saddening...That I had put Sans and Flowey through all of that....For nothing. All I could do, was sit, and wait. Perhaps I would eventually break from this...Perhaps not.

Moments later, I heard the door swing open. It was Papyrus, no doubt. A nice smell filled the air, as he scooted closer to me. "HUMAN! I HAVE BROUGHT YOU ONE OF MY FAMOUS DISHES! SPAGHETTI!", I turned to where I presumed he was standing, with a puzzled look. "TSK, DO NOT THINK ANYTHING OF IT HUMAN, I DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, I JUST NEED TO KEEP YOU ALIVE, UNTIL I DELIVER YOU TO ASGORE!", I smiled at him, as he handed me the plate. As I ate I could sense that he was looking at me eagerly, as my HP slowly began to recover, I finished eating and looked up at him, "SO HUMAN, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY COOKING?", I gave him a curt nod and answered. "It was great, your a wonderful cook", I smiled, which had seemed to take him aback. "WELL, I GUESS YOUR CAN BE CONSIDERED OK IN MY BOOKS! NYEHEHEHE!", he laughed as he left me alone in the cell.

So much different from before....Clearly I there was no reset, this timeline had not been tampered. Yet...Something felt odd, something just felt so wrong. I sigh, thinking back from before on the barrier.

"Seven...Seven human souls and Asgore...Becomes a god...Seven to break the barrier, and to destroy humanity...."

Such a dreadful wish to be bestowed upon an echo flower. Yet all they had wanted, was to roam on the surface....To be free....To live the life I once had.

Feelings are....funny...They can make you do unexplainable things...They can lead you to places you never meant to go...They give you strange intentions, strong ambitions and many more....Especially intentions of those who wish to disappear....

Long ago....A human fell into Mount Ebott. Injured by the fall, they cried for help. . . But nobody came...

Minutes turned into hours, as they helplessly struggled to hold onto life, until finally...Someone came...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

If the humans... Weren't so overprotective of their SOULs...Maybe none of this would've happened...Maybe....Both species, could've lived together in peace.

Sadly what has been done...cannot be reset...

Finally! I'm done this short chapter, I've had writer's block for awhile now, but I already have a planned out plot line for this story!

Next chapter will be longer, I just needed something short to start
off with so that I could branch off more stories and part from it!

Anyway I love you all and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

<3