My Summer in Greenville: Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Get up! Get up! C'mon, Alexia! Get up!" I could feel Brooke bouncing on my bed.

"What Brooke? We're sleeping. Can't it wait ten minutes?" I mumbled. I don't know what time it is, but it's too early to be up.

"But Alexia!"

"What is it, Brooke?" I asked while sitting up to face Brooke.

"Mommy said that Liz and Livi are back! We're going to see them so you have to get ready now!" Brooke said excitedly.

"Really?! Yay! I haven't seen Alivia in ages!"

"Hey guys," Tiffany said, finally waking up, "Who's Alivia?"

"Alivia Reed. Her mom owns Marcy's, the horse stable, remember?"

"Oh yeah. So I get to meet her today?"

"Yup! She's so nice! You'll love her."

"Hello ladies. Brooke, mom sent you up here ten minutes ago. What's taking so long?" Luke asked, standing in the doorframe.

"Alexia wouldn't get up!" Brooke said, pointing at me accusingly.

"I got up before Tiffany!" I said, defensively.

"Hey! Well thanks for throwing me under the bus!" Tiff said, crossing her arms.

"You're welcome!" I said, sticking out my tongue at her.

"Okay then... I'm just gonna go now. Be ready in ten minutes." Luke said as he left.

"Okay, Brookey. You gotta get out so we can get ready."

"Okay! See you in a few minutes!" Brooke said and scurried out of our room.

"Hey, you wanna do something fun today?" Tiff asked, excitedly.

"Like what?"

"We should dress up like twins today! You know, wear the same outfits and so our hair the same and stuff!"

"You do realize that just because two people wear the same thing, it doesn't make them twins, right?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "And twins don't even always wear the same thing."

"So you're in?" She asked, hopefully.

"Fine," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Yay!" Tiff squealed, wrapping me in a tight hug. "Let's get started!"

"Well don't you two look adorable," Logan said as Tiff and I entered the living room. We were both wearing dark wash jeans with red converse and a red t-shirt. We both had our hair in French braids and wore a little bit of eyeliner and mascara. It was kind of cute and kind of ridiculous at the same time.

"Oh, shut up. And for the record this was Tiffany's idea, not mine," I said defensively.

"I'm sure it was," Logan said smirking at me.

"What? It was! Tell him, Tiff!"

"Yeah, it was all me," Tiff said.

"Thank you!"

"C'mon, guys! Get in the car so we can go see the Reeds," my mom said. And with that, we all piled into the car. Mom was driving and dad had shotgun. Trisha, Brooke and Logan sat in the middle while Luke, Tiffany and I sat in the back.

"So what's Alivia like?" Tiff asked.

"Well she's really nice," Luke answered. "And she loves horses and she's a huge reader. She's that kind of person who can and will get along with everyone. She's one of my closest friends, after Alex of course." Ouch... Friend zoned...