3

Note: I'm not fully happy with this chapter and it may be changed in the future.

~Gumball~

The plastic coffee cup lay across from me as I stared at it in a hunched position on my bed with my arms crossed over my small body. I frowned as I sighed and uncrossed my arms and relaxed my body. I sighed frustratingly as I picked up the cup and turned it over with slender fingers. His number was on it along with his name.

"Marshall huh? That's a nice name." I said turning the cup so the blasted number faced up. I bit my lip thinking. "Maybe I should call him, or text him. I mean he did give me his number so obviously he wants me to call him, right?"

At this, my heart screamed yes but my mind had other ideas. Or he could be playing you. Remember your last relationship with Ricardo? How he ripped your heart in half? I groaned. "I hate relationships." And with that, I got up and hesitantly threw the cup away.

The door exploded open with a heavily breathing Flame standing in the doorway. I jumped away with a high pitched shriek and just stared at him.

"Jesus gumball, you got a killer scream. Ow I think my ears are bleeding." He winced and carefully touched his, not bleeding, ears.

"What in the hell was so important that you had to make an introduction like that?!" I gestured to the door that might as well have been torn off the wall from Flame.

"So I just heard from LSP that there's this huge start of the year party a couple blocks of campus! Everyone's gonna be there!"

My mouth changed from a oh shape to a look of shock. "Okay let me get this straight. You come barreling through the door, if it's broken you're fixing it by the way, scaring me out of my wits, for a party?"

"Uh...yes?"

I made a frustrated noise and ran a hand through my bubblegum pink hair. "Seriously? Like seriously?"

"That's totally not the reaction I expected. If I didn't know better, I'd say you didn't want to go."

At that I didn't say anything.

Flame looked at me dumbstruck. "Oh my god. I'm right aren't I? Have you ever been to a college party before?"

I looked away

"Okay, this is changing right now. You're coming with me tonight no questions asked."

"Are you serious? Tomorrow is the first day, you're really gonna go out to a party and get drunk?"

Flame shrugged. "That's the point, tonight's the last day of freedom. We're gonna spend it at a killer party. Besides no one said you have to drink."

"But-"

"Don't be such a stick in the mud. You will come with me and we will have fun. I will drag you out myself if I have to."

I stubbornly crossed my arms across my chest. "If I say yes, will you leave me alone?"

"I can't guarantee a yes on that so I'll give you a maybe."

"Fine. I'll go."

******

The house outside of the car was already attracting people and thumped and swayed to the beat of the music.

"I changed my mind, can we go back to the dorm please?" I tugged on the hem of the black shirt I was wearing.

"Nope. We're already here it's to late to go back. Come on." Flame started to get out and closed his door. I didn't move.

"Come on Gumball, don't make me drag you out of your seat. You know I'll do it."