2

Yuki^

"Huh?" (Y/n) woke up to a feminine face hovering above her own. "Ah!" She sat up, hitting the face with her forehead. Looking around, she saw she was in a small clearing in the forest. The moon shone in the sky.

"Oww!" the girl seemingly around her own age whined. She turned and shouted at an unseen crowd. "Hey, she's awake!"

(Y/n) watched as a group of girls swarmed around her, all murmuring but one. If anything, it unnerved her more when she noticed they all had cat ears, twitching and flicking continuously.

"You're scaring her." The quiet girl pushed her way over to (Y/n), gently taking her hands. "You must be starving." She gestured to one of the cat-eared girls and they left, returning with a bowl of soup. The girl handed it to (Y/n), who ate it up greedily. She hadn't had sustainable food in weeks.

"So, you must be wondering now how you got here and who we are." (Y/n) nodded, and the girl smiled. "We are nekos. Half-human, half-cat." She twitched her ears for effect. "The Fanged One was after you. We managed to save you from him."

"The Fanged One?" It must have been the creature (Y/n) had seen when she was running. In her dream.

"He haunts his target's dreams before he catches them. His current target is you, so you may still suffer nightmares." The girl gazed at her. " My name is Yuki. You may stay with us until we exterminate him. We've seen how the humans treat their outcasts." The rest of the girls whispered among themselves. "Leader's orders." Yuki said that as if she wasn't the leader. Then, who was?

(Y/n) smiled gratefully at Yuki. "Arigatou, Yuki-sama." The girl nodded, spinning around to leave the clearing.

"Leader would like to see you as soon as you feel recovered."