ELEVEN

After dropping Scrapp off at the Hartfield-Jackson Atlanta Airline Airport, Stevie doubled back to his house. He brought Tommie Chinese food from Panda Express and rented a few movies for her.

When he arrived, he stood outside of the front door frozen. He tried to rehearse everything he wanted to say to Tommie, but nothing seemed to come out right. Taking his chances, Stevie rang the doorbell.

A few minutes later, Tommie answered with sleep still in her eyes. She didn't even remember Scrapp leaving.

"Hey, Stevie, sorry, I was caked."

"That's okay. I would've said 'what's up' when I picked up Scrapp, but you were sleep," he laughed, "Anyway, I have a dinner to go to tonight with Tia, but I wanted to drop off a few things for you before I went."

Tommie stared at the greasy bag of food in his hand. The smell of house chow mein and shrimp fried rice made her mouth water. She loved having Stevie in her life as a friend.

Somehow he always knew her favorites. Even though she missed Scrapp and she hated being away from him, it was nice having Stevie to check on her.

"How's Tia doing?" she asked pulling a white plastic fork from out of the bag.

"She's good. She told me she's been tryna get in contact with you, but I told her, you probably just need some time."

"Yeah, I do, but tell her I said, 'hi,' I guess," Tommie said picking noodles out of the Styrofoam containers, "You sure you can't stay?"

"I wish I could, but you know how Tia is."

"Awww, I think somebody is in love," she sang.

"Hardly, this is strictly business."

"I bet, but thank you again."

"No problem, ma. I'll probably be by tomorrow to check on you. Bring some more food by or something."

"You know I am not a prisoner, right? Let me take you out tomorrow. I really appreciate everything you've done for me, Stevie. Forreal."

"Alright, it's a date then," he winked.

"You're crazy. See you tomorrow."

$$$$$

After Stevie left Scrapp's house, he met up with Tia and Ace at Gio's, an Italian restaurant Downtown, to have dinner. He was running late, and Ace was beginning to get impatient.

"Ay, I don't have all night, Tia. Where is this nigga?"

"I just talked to him. He's pulling up now."

Ten minutes later, Stevie walked into the restaurant dressed to the nine. His charcoal Canali suit was flawless. His light caramel skin glistened under the restaurant's soft lighting.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I ran into some traffic on the 99," he said kissing Tia.

"I'm Stevie J by the way. I've heard a lot about you. I'm a big fan, man." He extended his hand to meet Ace'.