Chapter 7

Ana and Jessica exchanged numbers and Ana gave Jessica a quick ride in her car to the gas station that Jessica's car was at. They got out of the car and talked a little bit.

"So... about this man..." said Jessica.

"Well there's legend 'bout this man. He picks out a family and observes them for a little while. Then he strikes. He kills each member, one by one," replied Ana.

"My sister was killed by a suspicious man... my mother also. I've seen him before. After my sister was killed. I saw him again today. Driving my dads truck with Jar- OH NO JARVIS!" Jessica said, panicking.

"What's wrong hun? And who's Jarvis?" Ana asked.

"Jarvis is my little brother... he's next." replied Jessica.

"The man is dangerous. He killed my family also. I'm the only one left. I had to move across the country. We have to stop him. I'm going to come with you, now which way did they go?" said Ana.

"They took a left on the exit to highway 371"

***

As Ana drove towards where Jessica had said they were, Jessica couldn't help but worry about what had happened Jarvis. Was she too late?

Ana didn't seem to notice her worrying; she just kept driving.

Ana took a left on the exit, unsure of where to go next. Jessica had seen them this morning and it was now 6 PM. There was too many places they could have gone.

Out of the corner of Jessica's eye she saw her dad's truck. The one she saw Jarvis and the man in!

"There they are! Take that exit!" Jessica exclaimed to Ana.

They exited and they pulled up to where Jessica saw them. Ana stopped the car and Jessica ran out immediately. The man had Jarvis unclothed except his underwear and tied to a metal pole. He was blind folded and he had duct tape around his mouth.

The man didn't see Jessica and Ana arrive. They stood crouching behind the truck. The man had a knife. He was making small incisions into Jarvis's frail body.

Little did Jessica know, Ana always had a loaded pistol on her. Ana pulled out her gun and was aiming for the man.

"I finally have a chance," Ana whispered.

"Wait! What if you miss and kill Jarvis!" Jessica exclaimed quietly.

"Don't worry hun, I specialize in this" replied Ana. She gave Jessica a sly smile and a wink. Then she fired.