Chapter 1

*Red Phantom's Point Of View*

Here we are, in Daymill City, California. I am Red Phantom and this is my best friend and partner, Deadsight. I wouldn't say we're heroes, although we are not villains at all.

We are what I like to call shadow-helpers, helpers in the shadows. We do the police's job, although we're not policemen and we don't even get paid. You're probably confused for now and yes I said, for now.

Anyway, I was walking downtown Daymill and I got mugged. They put a bag over my head and took me to a strange, dark, suspicious place. They took the bag off my head at the same time they tied me to a chair. They punched me in the face, it knocked me out. Next thing I remember, I was being searched and tortured.

They were burning, whipping and practically killing me.

Then, I wasn't used to torturing. I was sympathetic, then. Now, I will wipe you out if you look at me funny.

Anyway, I wasn't able to speak for several minutes. They stopped torturing me and put me in an open cell. They were about to close the cell until something stopped them.

I said, "Why are you doing this to me?"

"Why else? You looked rich, you're a clear target."

"I am rich. Is it that obvious? Well, I am not a weakling. But, even some rich people can do this!"

I did a backflip in the chair and landed on my feet. I flipped the chair up to all their faces. It knocked out a few of them and just scarred others.

I quickly untied the knot and screamed, "Karate class finally paid off!" I punched the rest of the people in the nose and walked out.

*A couple of hours later, after I escaped*

I was sitting in my mansion with my girlfriend. We were watching our favorite television show and I was putting my arm around her.

She fell asleep and I was about to fall asleep when I saw something, something suspicious, at the corner of my eye.