The Boy in the Iceberg

(Two people canoe out among icebergs. A teenage boy, Sokka, shaven headed except for a pony tail, stands in the canoe. He looks down at the water, spear at the ready. The other person is a young girl. Both wear blue overcoats. The canoe drifts slowly as the boy concentrates on fishing. Beside the boat a fish swims close to the surface in front of the boy.)

"It's not getting away from me this time. Watch and learn, Y/N. This is how you catch a fish", Sokka said.

(You lean over the edge of the canoe to see a fish. Hesitantly, you remove your left glove. You take a deep breather and with a look of trepidation begins to motion with her exposed hand. Suddenly, a globe of water containing the fish bursts out of the water.)

"Sokka, look", you said.

"(whispers) Shhh. Y/N, you're gonna scare it away. Mmmm... I can already smell it cookin'", Sokka said smiling.

 "But Sokka! I caught one!" you say trying to retain control of the globe of water.

(You struggle with the blob of water and it floats closer to Sokka, who raises his spear to strike a fish. When he cocks his arm back he burst the bubble of water. The fish falls back into the sea and Sokka gets drenched.)

 "Hey!" you say.

"Ugh! Why is it that every time you play with magic water I get soaked?" asked a very exasperated Sokka.

 "It's not magic. It's waterbending, and it's-", you reply back, but get cut off.

"Yeah, yeah, an ancient art unique to our culture, blah blah blah. Look, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself", Sokka said.

"You're calling me weird? I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself everytime I see my reflection in the water", you say looking at Sokka, who is making a muscle and looking at his reflection in the water. 

(He turns to you and gives you a look. Suddenly the boat is bumped, you look up to see you have entered an ice packed area. You both begin to work frantically to maneuver the canoe between the icebergs.)

"Ahhh!"you and your brother yell.

"Watch out! Go left! Go left!" you yell at Sokka.

( Icebergs are colliding all around the two of you. Each time you manage to avoid getting crushed between the colliding icebergs, but your safety margins decreases rapidly each time. Finally the canoe is crushed when three icebergs collide at once. You and Sokka jump out in time onto one of the icebergs.)

"You call that left?"you yell at your brother.

"You don't like my steering. Well, maybe you should have waterbended us out of the ice", Sokka yelled back.

(As the two of you argue a huge iceberg rears up into the sky behind you too)

"So it's my fault?" you ask.

"I knew I should have left you home. Leave it to a girl to screw things up", Sokka says.

You point at your brother saying, "You are the most sexist, immature, nut brained...", 

(As you get more angry, the iceberg on which you two are sitting begins to heave. Then the huge iceberg behind you cracks.)

"Ugh, I'm embarrassed to be related to you! Ever since Mom died I've been doing all the work around camp while you've been off playing soldier!" you yell.

Sokka says noticing the cracking iceberg "Uh... Y/N?"

"I even wash all the clothes! Have you ever smelled your dirty socks? Let me tell you, NOT PLEASANT!" you say even more worked up.

"Y/N! Settle down!" says Sokka.

"No, that's it. I'm done helping you. From now on, you're on your own!"you say.

(By the end you're screaming. As you finish, the iceberg behind you splits open entirely. It disintegrates and the major pieces fall into the water, pushing you're iceberg away. You and Sokka hold on desperately until the iceberg settles.)

"Okay, you've gone from weird to freakish, Y/N", Sokka finally says.