The Southern Air Temple

(The sun is rising over a lake. Appa and the group are on the lake shore. One of the members is apparently asleep in a Water Tribe sleeping bag on the ground. Appa is standing, grazing slowly, while a small fire casts a plume of smoke. Appa's with Aang, sitting in Appa's 'driver's seat'. You are up in the passenger section doing some kind of work.)

"Wait 'til you see it, Y/N. The Air Temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world", Aang said while adjusting Appa's reins.

Cautiously you say, "Aang, I know you're excited, but it's been a hundred years since you've been home".

"That's why I'm so excited!"

"It's just that a lot can change in all that time". 

"I know, but I need to see it for myself".

(Aang floats down from Appa's back and walks over to Sokka, who is snoring peacefully in his sleeping bag on the ground.)

"Wake up, Sokka! Air Temple here we come!"

(Sokka awakens, making groggy noises.)

"Sleep now... temple later...", Sokka said barely awake.

(He rolls over and begins to snore again. Aang blinks. He is clearly not pleased. A mischievous grin spreads over his face as he gets an idea. Aang picks up a stick as you watch from atop Appa's back.)

"Sokka! Wake up! (He begins to run the stick up and down Sokka's sleeping bag.) There's a prickle snake in your sleeping bag!"

"Aaahhh! Get it off! Get it off! Aaahhh!" 

(Sokka hops around in his sleeping bag until he loses his balance and falls flat on his face. You laugh at him. Sokka looks very irritated.)

"Great! You're awake. Let's go", Aang said poking his head out from behind Sokka.

(Fire Nation naval yard. Tents and buildings line the right side, ships line the left and what looks like a railroad line runs down the middle. Zuko's damaged ship. It is much smaller than the other Fire Nation ships. The prow of Zuko's ship has been opened, its spout lying on the floor of the navy yard. Two figures have walked down the spout and are entering the naval yard itself. Zuko and Iroh walk into the yard.)

"Uncle, I want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trail", Zuko said.

"You mean the Avatar?" Iroh asks

"Don't mention his name on these docks! Once word gets out that he's alive every firebender will be out looking for him and I don't want anyone getting in the way", Zuko said turning to his uncle angrily.

"Getting in the way of what, Prince Zuko?"

(Zuko and Iroh turn to with somewhat surprised expressions. The man approaches them, still speaking. His hands are clasped behind his back authoritatively.)

"Captain Zhao", Zuko said with obvious distaste.

"It's Commander now. And General Iroh-- (he bows to Iroh) --great hero of our nation".

"Retired general", Iroh said.

"The Fire Lord's brother and son are welcome guests any time. What brings you to my harbor?"

"Our ship is being repaired", Iroh said.

(Iroh gestures at the heavily damaged bow of Zuko's ship.)

"That's quite a bit of damage".

"Yes... you wouldn't believe what happened. (He gives his uncle a sideways glance and immediately passes the buck.) Uncle! Tell Commander Zhao what happened".

(Iroh's eyes go wide, he blinks in response to the burden Zuko has just placed on him.)

"Yes, I will do that. It was incredible. (Leans over and whispers to Zuko.) What... did we crash or something?"

"Uh, yes! Right into an Earth Kingdom ship", Zuko said uncomfortable.

"Really? You must regale me with all the thrilling details. (He smiles and puts his face right up to Zuko's in an obvious challenge.) Join me for a drink?"