Chapter 4: First Date, First Kiss

AN: Why is it that whenever I re-read my chapters to edit all the errors the chapter just sounds horrible? :O

~~~

Zayn, Louis, Liam and Harry sat quietly around the kitchen table munching on their cereal. Well, Zayn was pretty much just thinking about the night before: How Louis confessed about the camping trip plan, and how Niall had kissed him. But sadly, after Zayn received his kiss, nothing much happened after that. Actually, Zayn was pretty confused. If their feelings were mutual towards each other, why did last night only end with a kiss on the cheek? Niall parted with a big yawn and a 'good night' and that was all. Was he supposed to do something? Follow after him? He had dated girls before but- was dating a guy different? Different rules? Different ways of flirting? Different... Everything?

"Niall's cereal is getting squishy," Liam brought Zayn back to life with his comment. Zayn just nodded moving his spoon around the bowl of cereal.

Harry, noticing Zayn's very distracted state, couldn't help but wonder what was wrong. Yesterday Zayn had found out that his crush liked him back, so why wasn't he happy? Harry was confused (just as much as Zayn) and curiosity got the best of him.

"So," Harry's raspy morning voice rang out making all the lads look at him, "Are you and Niall, you know, together?"

Suddenly, everyone's eyes were on Zayn showing that they were all interested in the topic. Zayn, who was caught off guard, cleared his throat and set his spoon down.

"Well, I'm not sure..."

"What do you mean? Didn't we get you guys together yesterday?" Louis asked.

"Technically, you all just blurted out our feelings. You guys didn't really- ya know, get us TOGETHER. Or at least I don't think you did," Zayn tried to explain but only got himself all over the place. The other three lads just stared at him.

"So it's not official?" Harry cleared up. Zayn shook his head no.

"Well why don't you ask him out on a date?" Liam suggested. Zayn looked over at him.

"I should shouldn't I? After all every relationship starts that way. Right?" he asked at the end because he was still wondering if dating a guy applied to the same rules as dating a girl. Sure, it was totally different, but the rules still had to apply. Zayn was still really scared (or 'confused' as he liked to call it).

"Right," Harry agreed with him making him feel a bit more relaxed.

"Where are you taking him then?" Louis asked.

"Where should I?" Zayn asked a tiny bit panicked. After all the first date has to be perfect since it's only the start of a beautiful relationship.

"What about a movie?" Liam suggested.

"No, a movie on a first date doesn't go. They have to be able to have a conversation- get to know each other," Louis pointed out.

"They already know each other," Harry argued.

"Still, I don't think it goes," Louis scrounged up his nose.

"What about... I take him out to dinner?" Zayn said.

"Sounds good," Harry nodded putting more cereal in his mouth.

"Wait," Liam interrupted, "But what about the fans? The media? I think a date outside sounds too risky."

"Well they can't stay in the house," Louis pointed out.

"Wait a second," Zayn smiled, "Maybe we can? Harry, you can help me with a nice cooked dinner. We can play games, and even watch a movie."