Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Is she going to be alright?" I heard a voice ask. I was sure I had heard it before. Something about it was certainly familiar.

"Yes, definitely. She is responding quite well." another replied which was a rather hoarse voice.

"Is she your girlfriend?" The same, hoarse voice asked after a long pause.

"No. What? No no you see, I just met her yesterday. She was walking in the rain, fully drenched."

"She looks rather like.."

"Shh. She is waking up!" I heard someone scream. Way to be loud.

Enough of this unnecessary questions, I thought as I willed myself to open my eyes. Mustering what strength that was left in me, I blinked. It took a couple of blinks before my eyes accustomed to the surroundings.

My eyes scanned my surroundings. I was on a bed with a large thin white sheet placed on me. The room was purple with many different pictures of people I did not recognise. On my right, I spotted Louis. He had a huge smile on his face with his eyes looking at me as he took a deep breath. On my left was this man with greying hair. He had this huge mustache and he was rather plum. He had huge glasses and was staring at me.

"Good. She is awake." The old man screamed.

"Yes, she is!" Louis exclaimed. I did not actually understand why they were so excited. I was merely asleep the entire time of their conversation.

"Louis, how long was I asleep for?" I asked.

The man who was on my left immediately shushed Louis and then answered my question. "You were asleep for eight hours, my dear." This man made me feel like I should get away. I flinched as he tried to touch my forehead.

"I was just checking if you had a fever, my dear," He said as he tried to place his hairy hand back onto my forehead that felt like it was rather pounding.

A picture flashed in front of my face. Josh was sitting there, staring at the cold, dried air that was above him. He was fallen to the ground and looked as if he was calling out to me. His face was bloodied, red. His body was still, except for the mere movement of his chest. He was breathing.

"Josh!" I cried. I felt someone's hands on my shoulders. The hands, moved me vigorously from side to side.

"Wake up, Olivia! What's wrong?" I felt someone yell into my ear.

I jolted up like a bullet from a gun. I started to pant harder and harder. I looked to my side and Louis was standing over me, staring at me while holding me tightly, with his hands. I immediately pulled him and put my arms around him. He took his hand and rubbed my back lightly. I felt safe.

"Louis? What happened to me?" I asked after letting go of him.

"I really don't know." He whispered, pulling me back to him.

"I do, though." I released him and turned to my right where the old chubby man stood by my side.

"Are you a doctor? I have read about such doctors. You don't seem like the mean ones these days." I said.

"Look, what you are going through is a glitch."

"What do you mean by a glitch?"

"It is when your chip is malfunctioning. You start to remember the most shocking memories you had before the chip was added. You are starting to get your previous life back." He answered in the most normal way ever. How could he be normal after such a horrid event, well it was for me?