Chapter 4

Chapter 4

“Here you go, fish and chips for the man and the lovely hamburger for the lady.” Zayn, the waiter, placed our food in front of us.

"Thank you." Louis and I said in unision.

"Enjoy your first burger." Louis told me just as I held the burger to my lips to take my first bite.

I nodded as I opened my mouth wide to take a huge bite that my stomach was craving for.

"It's really good, actually." I replied. It was better than good, amazing really. It was definitely better than the overflowing bland porridge on my plate used to taste like. I do not remember such a taste.

A picture flashed in front of me. My brother stood there with a huge plastic bag. He smiled, rather widely. He took out a burger from his bag and handed it to me. I hugged him and picked it up. I opened the wrapper only to stuff it into my mouth.

I held my head tightly. It hurt, the same pounding was back. I kept my eyes open this time. I looked at Louis for strength.

"It's going to be okay. Just look at me and don't close your eyes." He told me as he held my hand which gave me a sort of "safe" feeling.

I clenched his hand, in hope of removing the pain in my head.  I use my other hand to get hold of my head. I focused on his face, hoping not to lose focus again.

"Here is you drin- Are you okay?" I looked to my right to see Zayn standing there looking down at me as he placed the drink in front of Louis.

"She is fine." Louis told him. My hand was losing its strength. My hand started to lose contact with Louis'. My body was weak, as if about to fall. My mind and body gave in and I fell to my side, only for hands to catch me.

"She is clearly not!" Zayn yelled. I notice as his hands were wrapped around me, holding me in place and not letting me fall. I blinked as my vision blurred.

"Oli, stay with me." I heard Louis whisper in my ears. I grabbed hold of his hand once again but with a looser grip now. I could feel my energy depleting. Louis rubbed my back Zayn stared at me to get me to focus on him.

The pain in my head subsided as I saw Josh's face once more in front of my eyes. I still clenched my head with one head, trying to make sure that it would not come back. Just as the pain decreased, greatly, I noticed my quickened breathing.

"The pain." I whispered, breathless.

"Here, take this." Louis said, passing me the same pain relieving tablets. Zayn ran to get water. I put the tablet, once again, on my tongue and swallowed them down. I felt better, instantly. Although the pain had subsided from hammering the inside of my skull to slight tapping, I had lost energy. I felt lethargic and weak.