Chapter three • The Associate

When I woke up the effects of throwing myself off a building and through a window hit me like a bus. Every muscle had been infected with pain and I could barely open my eyes despite my curiosity of what was poking at my face. Unwillingly I pealed my eyes open but a wave of regret washed over me as I was blinded by a harsh light. After a mental battle as to weather I should sit up and figure out where I was, I pulled at the aching muscles of my torso and reluctantly sat up. A petite women wearing a white blouse and a black pencil skirt stood above me, prodding a damp cotton ball on the gaping cut above my right brow. I hissed in pain as she applied a murky yellow liquid on a muslin cloth and onto the cut. She stopped for a moment to look behind her before continuing. Moving my gaze from her stern face to the silhouette behind the small women, a tall man sat slouched on leather chair with his body facing mine as he leant forward and studied me. It was Kit. He looked flawless with his white shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows and his arms resting between his legs. A smirk adorned his annoyingly perfect face. I wanted to slap it off. We hadn't spoken in years but I definitely recognised the way his brows furrowed and the corners of his lips perked devilishly.
" it's rude to stare " I commented while averting my sight to the hammering rain spitting against the huge windows on looking the city.
" it's rude to steal people's money " he resorted, jokingly. I snickered proudly at my previous actions but my smirk dropped when I noticed my hands were cuffed together. I struggled against the metal but gave up, knowing I had no chance in escaping when in Kits presents.
" sorry we had to take precautions. You did just steal 250k from me to then throw it off the roof. " he said, pointing at the handcuffs, a hint of frustration in his voice. He pushed of the leather and walked towards me. Despite his features that I could recognise in my sleep, he had changed immensely. His hair had faded from the soft chestnut brown I remembered to a striking shadow of raven locks and a day's worth of stubble shaded his sharpened jawline giving him a more rugged, aged look which contrasted annoyingly well with his pristine skin and tailored suit. I presumed I had also changed since our last meeting. As the blooded lips and bruised cheeks were a different look from my rosy faced, younger self.
" you've certainly changed bumble bee " he laughed while crouching down to my level like a teacher would when you were younger and being told off for throwing gum at the girl who stole your scissors during craft hour.
" don't call me that " I hissed though clenched teeth.
" what would you prefer me to call you? Beatrice? "
" piss off Kit " I looked at my leather boots, noticing the small shards of glass poking into them.
" still got a bit of a bite on you I see "
" what do you want Kit? "
" I just want to talk Bea " he sounded hurt by my defiance.
" about what Kit? What do you want? For us to just sit and chat about how old we've gotten or how tall you are or the fact the we both look completely different yet like we haven't changed a day. Damnit Kit. You know when I heard you were becoming CEO I thought something would change. That you could make the city great and bring equality to my people. But like always I dreamed too big and you just turned into another one of those money sucking leaches. " Kit face turned red with fury and I knew I may have crossed a line.
" money sucking leaches! Money sucking leaches. Jesus Christ Bea if you had just come and lived with me and my family you wouldn't be thinking like this " he shouted, the last part mainly to himself.
" what did you think would happen if I came and lived with you? That you could comfort me over the death of my parents? That we could have gone to school together? Wake up Kit  I'm still a diseased no matter where I live. I'd probably be dead right now from some jackass strangling me behind a building. Because my type didn't fit in society. " steam was practically coming out of his ears.
" fuck you Bea. Just fuck off " he slammed his hand onto the table. Sending my body a wave of adrenalin from the fright.
" I would love to Mr Blackthorn but you see I'm handcuffed to a fucking chair " I screamed at him. He snatched the key off his desk and pursued towards me. His eyes never met my own as he unlocked the metal and threw the cuffs across the room. It was all silent for a moment while he stood with his arms folded and his back to me. Two overweight security guards piled into the room in a haste, looking between me and Kit.
" remove the diseased from my office" if you were paying attention you could have heard my heart smash right there and then but I suppressed the tears threatening to fall as the men grabbed my arms and yanked me out Kits office and towards the elevator. I once again found myself in a ball of pain after the guards threw me out the door and onto the cold pavements. My body soaking up the rain as it poured onto me. I would say that went quite well.

  Here's chapter three!!! I hope you liked it ( the four people who actually read this ) and it wasn't terrible. Another chapter coming soon.
-El