Chapter 1

Katniss POV:

My first novel has come out.

It is called Dark.

It has been out for 7 months and has already been a #1 New York Times Bestseller.

Writing a novel has kept me distracted from my sorrow and heartbreak. These emotions are from a man named Gale Hawthorne.

We were high school sweethearts, we won best couple two years in a row and at junior prom he asked me to marry him (when I was 17!)

And, of course, I said yes. I said yes. I went shopping for a wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, and asked a local baker to make me a beautiful, floral wedding cake.

We were both excited.

It was two days before the wedding.

Gale took Prim and I to a sushi place in Downtown 2. The wedding is in Twelve, but Gale insisted on traveling there to eat sushi.

"Gale, where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm gonna go kiss, I mean use the restroom!" Gale says nervously.

"I would go follow him if I were you," Prim suggested.

"I should," I replied nervously.

I followed Gale and he wasn't heading towards the bathroom. He was going outside of the sushi bar!

I slipped through the door trying to be cautious, so Gale wouldn't know I was following him.

Gale walked farther into the parking lot and turned a corner.

I somewhat 'ran' and hid behind a wall. Gale stopped.

And there he was. He was full-on making out with a girl I don't even know. She had gorgeous auburn hair and sharp green eyes.

"Gale, what the heck are you doing!?" I screamed at him.