Chapter 7

I woke up the the sound of Camila whispering my name. "Lauren. Lauren, wake up. It's almost 6 PM." She said, gently shaking me.
"Hm?" I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes. "Shit, it's almost 6?" I said, sitting up instantly. "Fuck, okay, come on. I'm taking you to my spot. Well, now our spot." I said once I stood up and put on my sandals.
"Where are you taking me? You're not taking me to a club right...I don't do clubs anymore." She mumbled, whispering the last part. Anymore? Huh, she never told me she used to party, how did she even get in she's underaged, I wonder if-, "Lauren?" She said as she slipped on her sandals.
"Oh um no, it's not a club. Trust me, you're going to love it, I promise." I said as I intertwined our fingers.
"Okay, good. I trust you." She said then pulled me closer to her, and softly placed her lips against mine. God, I sure could get used to this.

________

"Are we almost there yet? Pleeeease say we are almost there." Camila whined, reaching out for my hand.
"Yes baby, we are almost there," I giggled. "Trust me, you're going to love it." I said as I laced our fingers together. "Like, really love it."
"Okay, good." She said with a small laugh, then kissed my hand.

After an hour of driving, we finally arrived at my favorite spot in the world. Not many people knew about this little beach, only locals, but still it was never crowded and there were rarely any people here. It was so beautiful, huge rocks and caves, hills of sand, a grassy trail to walk down. Ever since I met Camila I've just dreamed about taking her here, and now it's happening. "Oh my god." I heard her say.
"Isn't it beautiful? Almost as beautiful as you." I couldn't help myself from laughing, that was by far the cheesiest thing I have ever said.
"Oh shut up, Lauren! That was so cheesy." Camila giggled, playfully hitting my shoulder. "It's absolutely beautiful, come on I can't wait to explore!" She squealed then opened up my car door and hopped out.
"Okay, speedy, one second. Let me get the blankets. I thought we could watch the sunset on that hill over there." I said while grabbing the two blankets and my bag.
"This is the best date ever, thank you Lauren.." Camila whispered, leaning over to kiss my cheek.

As we walked down the trail, I pulled my Polaroid camera out of my bag and snapped a few pictures of Camila. She is such an angel, her smile is so beautiful, the sun setting behind her brings out her eyes and the little shine left shines down on her hair bringing out her natural light brown highlights. I knew these would be pictures I kept forever. I snapped one of her laughing, one of her walking ahead of me and holding my hand, one of her looking out at the water, and one of her holding up some flowers she picked for me. This girl is so damn perfect.

_______

After climbing on some rocks and playing around in some big caves, the sun started to really set so we decided to head to the sand hills and set up our blankets. Once we got up on the hill, we fluffed out the blankets on the sand and I set my bag and camera down on the blankets. Camila sat down on one of the blankets, then wrapped the other one around her shoulders. "Come here, pretty." She said in her cutesy voice, she knew that was my weakness. I sat down beside her and wrapped my arms around her. I still couldn't believe she was right here, I was taking in every single moment because I never ever wanted it to end.
"This is the best surprise I've ever gotten, honestly." I whispered in her ear before kissing her cheek. "Thank you...for everything." I whispered then brushed her hair out of her face with my fingers.
"No, thank you for everything. You've made me the happiest girl ever. Before you, I um...I was really in a dark place." She said, looking down as she spoke the last part.
"Wait, what? Why didn't you tell me? You just seemed so happy, I had no idea." I whispered, looking at her nervously. "Do you...Do you wanna talk about it?"
"No." She said quickly then bit her lip. I could tell she was trying not to cry, I was not about to let that happen.
"Hey, hey, it's okay. Listen to me, we don't need to talk about that, alright? You're okay, I promise. Whatever it was, it's never going to happen again. I'm here, you've got me, and I'm never going to let anything bad happen to you again. I promise you." I said before pulling her closer into my arms. She was shaking, god I shouldn't of brought it up. "It's okay...I've got you." I whispered then kissed her forehead.

______

After a while of watching the sunset, Camila finally had calmed down. I really wanted to know what happened to her, if she got that upset it was obviously something bad. But I'm not bringing that up again tonight. Tonight is our night. We sat in silence for a bit, other than her humming Tell Her You Love Her by Echosmith. She wasn't singing, but I could tell she had a beautiful voice. She laid her head in my lap, looking towards the water as I played with her hair absentmindedly. "Camz?" I said softly. She turned her head to look up at me, and I couldn't help but smile as I looked into her eyes.
"Yes?" She said as she kissed my knuckles.
"I love you. I've been wanting to say it in the past six months but...I've been so nervous, but you said it today on the phone and I just....I love you." I said nervously, stumbling over my own words. I chewed on my lip, waiting for her response. "You don't have to say it ba-"
"I love you too." She blurted out before I was able to finish my sentence. Her smile was the widest I've ever seen and it lit up her entire face. She looked so damn beautiful, and I wouldn't trade this moment for anything in the world. I was so in love with this girl.

_________
AN;

Hey guys!! 3 chapters in one day, woohoo!! Once again, I'm so sorry for keeping everyone waiting, but I swear I'm going to update much more. Hopefully one chapter a day, I can't promise they'll be long but on days I'm not busy, I'll make up for it. Thank you to everyone for the support, I see your comments while you're reading the story and what you're predicting and I absolutely love it, keep it up!! If you guys have any suggestions or ideas or things you'd like to see, please comment and let me know I would love to incorporate some of your ideas!
Thanks so much for reading and voting and liking and commenting!
Xoxo💖