Prologue

School is funny.

We spend six hours a day, five days a week, listening to people just re-announce what they've read in a textbook and call it teaching. We sit in a classroom, full of other 'individuals', and are told when to: leave a room, eat, write and speak. We all have that one bitch of a teacher that says every lesson, "the bell doesn't dismiss you, I do". 

The teachers control you and the students control each other too. As much as I hate to admit it, most school's have a hierarchy until you get to senior year. But, even in senior year, you have the classy bitches and subtle bullies that think it's fun to pick on the people with low self-esteem. They repetitively single out the ones that can't laugh back in there face and say "I already know that", just to make themselves feel powerful and happy. 

In saying this, I get the pleasure of starting at a new school, in a new town, in a couple of weeks. And, even better, I'm beginning year 12. In case it's not clear, that's a big bowl of sarcasm. Can't say that my old school was an enjoyable experience, I had no friends and the girls acted like being a bitch was a full-time job. I don't even have low-esteem, I just didn't wanna follow the apparent "rules" of being a teenage girl in year 11. I apologize greatly for being uninterested in conforming to society and "hoeing" around in order to be called "popular", even though if I pissed them off, they'd use it against me and label me "a slut".

I'm about to be a real hypocrite, but, please, bare with me. Since I get to start with a clean plate, I've created a plan. I'm going to become popular. 

When you think about it, it's not that hard. School is dumb anyway, so might as well have one year of high school that doesn't make me miserable. 

Firstly, it's all about impressions. When starting off, you want to draw everyone's attention and steal their eyes from whatever they're doing. You enter a room on your first day and everyone starts murmuring with pure interest, "omg, who is she?" I don't love attention, but in this situation, it'll be my new best friend. 

Of course, a good impression follows onto making friends. And, the friends you choose will be important. Obviously, you don't ignore certain people, you become friends with everyone that wants to. The more the merrier. But, if you want a way around the school, your closest friends can be the hot, academic scholars or football player. I know I sound shallow, I'm just being cliche and trying not to end my year the same as last years.

That's basically all you need, and then extend the steps as you go. I know it already sounds dumb but I can't plan more and give an elaborate plan that everyone should follow. But, I know this will work and it won't be the same as last year.

"Hey Siri, remind me on Monday the 22nd of January to Begin Project Popular."

//// 

Author's Note: 

Hello Hello, my name is Ellie. This is my book, Project Popular. I started writing this two years ago and lost interest in writing before I did actually move to a new school. This definitely isn't the plan I used when I moved, nor did I have one, but hopefully Alexa's will be interesting. Now that I've updated the story, and will update the chapters, I hope the book will be amazing! My writing when I was 14/15 years old was terrible and cringe writing, so the whole chapters will probably change unless for some unknown reason I actually like them. 

I will try not to make this story cliche but it's a high school book about popularity so it's a given.

I'm going to attempt to update this book, after I edit the four chapters, and finish it. I always get distracted or blocked and don't finish, but hopefully, I will. I actually graduate in a couple of weeks, so maybe I'll be inspired. 

Make sure to vote and share! Comment what you think and if you have any ideas. If there are any errors, as I tend to forget to proofread, just add the correction in the comments.

ALSO, I'm Australian and am following the rules of schools in Australia well, the schools in my town. If you don't understand anything just ask in the comments and I can clarify. 

oKaY, now ENJOY! :)

Copyright © 2018

All rights reserved. This book may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the permission of the Publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.