Chapter 6

Next day Chrissy went back to Swaroski House and was met by a guy who explained her the entire process of her managing the shop at Regency Palace. He was sweet, unlike his boss, and had no problems in answering her queries. She listened to the rules and regulations carefully and then finally signed on the dotted line. After the legal formalities, she was told she would be accompanied to the hotel with one of the hotel employees to show her the place.

She was waiting in the meeting room, when a beautiful woman, in her late twenties walked in. She was wearing a beige coloured knee length skirt with a matching short jacket and a black top inside, her hair were set in fashionable bun at the back of her head. She smiled at Chrissy and introduced herself as Linda Fox. She was in-charge of all the retail outlets at Regency Palace and would be taking Chrissy to the hotel.

Chrissy immediately liked Linda. She had an easy-going attitude but appeared very particular about her job. They left together in her car. She took her around the hotel and introduced her to almost all the staff members and many of the guests staying at the hotel. She knew all the staff members by first name but Chrissy wasn't surprised by this since she saw Linda had a very friendly behaviour and she loved interacting with people. She was in the perfect job which suited her personality.

But Chrissy herself was a different story altogether. She was awestruck at being inside the majestic and almost colossal hotel. It was named palace for obvious reasons, for that is what it essentially was. Each and every thing about the place was splendid. They went around checking out different floors for two hours and still there was so much more to see, when Linda announced she was famishing and they needed to take a break.

Chrissy didn't feel she could eat anything but agreed for her. Inside the exquisite cafe at the hotel, they sat at a table at the far end and Linda ordered for them. Chrissy didn't interrupt because she was still lost in the magnificence of the place. She felt like a fish out of water in this place. How the hell is she going to even survive in such a place; let alone do well?

In spite of the cool conditioning, sweat was breaking at her forehead. She felt, Nikloi Swaroski had intentionally given her this shop because he knew she wouldn't survive here. She remembered his veiled threat from yesterday.

Suddenly, she felt Linda touching her hand saying, "It's okay". She came back from her zoned-out state and gave Linda a puzzling look. Linda laughed softly and said, "I am saying it's okay to be overwhelmed by the grandness of this place. It's written all over your face. But you should not worry. You will get used to all this very quickly".

Chrissy lowered her eyes and said, "I am not sure. I have never even visited such a place in my life, forget working". Somehow it was easier to confide in Linda. She didn't seem intimidating like her boss.

"Oh that's nothing. There is always a first time for everything and for everyone. I am sure if Mr. Swaroski has asked you to take up this shop here, it would be right. He never makes a wrong move", she said.

It's definitely not a wrong move, if he wants me to fail, Chrissy thought worryingly but in spite of Linda's friendly nature she couldn't express these fears to her.

Once through with their tea, they continued with the tour, meeting more staff and some of the guests on the way. Chrissy noticed that the guests, men and women both, were elegantly dressed. Even the staff had very smart uniforms. More people she met, more she was concerned about her simple green cotton top and black trouser. She could see she really needed to work on her wardrobe, if she had to work among with these people.

She was still in thoughts, when Linda showed her in a small shop next to the spa on the ground floor. Entering it, she immediately realized it was her shop, her Dreams. She was surprised by some of the pieces that were already on the display. They were truly gems. The shop was beautifully designed and she fell in love with it instantaneously. It was worth all the pains she suffered at the hands of Nikloi Swaroski. It was truly Dreams for her.