⇝|31|

❁luna

i shake my head, bringing me from my daydream and making me remember why i was showing a shitty attitude.

"cameron, why did you ask me on a date, i want a real reason." i walk towards him, who is stomach level in the water.

he sighs, scratching the back of his neck, "i wanted to confess my feelings so you'd stop being mad that i haven't."

"and your feelings are..?"

"i like you more than a friend or best friend. and i wanna get to know you and take the time to know you if you let me. i know i don't make myself easy to trust but, it can't hurt to ask you to."

"are you being honest or telling me what i wanna hear?"

"honest."

"..wow. never thought i'd hear something so sentimental from you."

"i have layers." he smiles.

"so we're using quotes from shrek now?" i raise my eyebrows.

"haha." he gives a dry laugh before grabbing my thighs and wrapping my legs around his waist, making me giggle loudly.

he pecks my neck as another big wave crashes into us.

"fuck, it's cold." he swears, racing out of the water.

he sets me down on my feet, "so tell me the basic stuff about lulu."

i roll my eyes at that gross nickname, "my middle name is iris, my favorite color is indigo, i love pink lemonade, and my biggest pet peeve is oblivious people."

"can i call you ir-"

"no, you can stick with luna. i love waffles, i learned how to ride a bike in 10th grade, im terrified of suffocating and obsessed with the universe and all that celestial shit." i shrug, wrapping in a towel as i grab a pizza slice.

"im in love with my car, i hate beer, i don't want to go to college but im doing everything to get a scholarship to get my parents off of my back, i used to be a gymnast when i was younger, and i can't swim."

after what seemed like hours of talking about ourselves, it had started to get dark and chilly.

the bright, full moon is the only thing keeping the beach from being dark.

"well, it's 9:15. i think we should go." he packs everything up.

i get up, slipping on my shoes before folding up the blanket.

we put everything in the car before driving off to my house.

he walks me to my door, "ill see you tomorrow, k?"

i nod as he grins at me, "what?" i furrow my eyebrows.

"luna in her natural state, radiating under the shining moon." he says lowly.

i give a small smile before adjusting my bag on my shoulder.

he continues to gaze at me, his chocolate brown eyes staring into my own.

i lean forward, slowly meeting his lips with mine.

i can tell he didn't expect it as he takes a second to kiss back.

when he does, he places his hand on my lower back, kissing me deeper like he usually wants to.

i pull away, "bye babe." i breathe out and smirk before going inside.

oh my gosh.

i think im actually falling for him.