Chapter Six

*Kris's P.O.V*

"So?" Steven drags out. "What do you think your sisters will do?"

"Probably g- actually, I don't know." I say truthfully.

After I got to Stevens I cried for a while in his arms. He didn't know I was planning on leaving home. Steven never thought I would, but I did. And now everything that my sisters think of me now has probably worsened. If they thought I was a brat before. Now they'll think all kinds of things.

"Kris." Steven snaps my attention towards him. "Did you even hear what I said?" Obviously I hadn't. I rolled my eyes at him and he just scoffed. "I said, you can't stay away from them forever. They need you."

"No they don't." I argued angrily. "They have better things to worry about than where I go. Especially Cynthia, she never worried about me before. Only Sage ever cared where I was."

I thought everything would be better if I left home. But obviously it just got worse. Steven sounds like he doesn't even want me here. Then there is this pounding in my head. Which I know are my sisters trying to mind link me. But I can't speak to them. Not for a long time.

"Why do you keep doing that? I'm trying to help you and your not even listening." Steven raises his voice a bit to get my attention.

"Can I just think about it some more and then get some sleep? You have no idea how hard that was for me. I can't just rush into plans right now." I start to snap at him at the end.

"Whatever." He said annoyed. "You rushed into leaving your home. So what's the difference?" He mumbled to himself. That ticked me off.

"What's, the difference?" I said loud and clearly pissed off. "The difference is, is that my family was in danger if I stayed there. So I left. And now I'm here, and what more am I supposed to do huh?" I started yelling. That made him angry as well.

He looked like was going to explode, but he didn't say a word. His eyes were darker and mine I just knew were brighter now. That's what happens whenever I get angry. My animals eyes are a bright gold. So they start to come through. But it doesn't seem like he notices, good.

"I'm going upstairs to take a shower. I'll see you later." I barely whisper in a stressful tone. He still doesn't say anything. Just nods slightly in acknowledgement.

*30 Minutes Later*

I wrap myself in my towel after drying. Then I go to my bed and just sit there at the foot of the bed. Looking at the floor thinking of the events from earlier.

With my towel still wrapped around me. I lay down on my bed and start to fall asleep. But a thought interrupts it. Tomorrow is my birthday, and it's the first time I'm going to be alone for it. I just lay there looking at my pillow and start to cry.