Chapter Three

*Cynthia's P.O.V.*

I'm running as fast as I can away from my sisters. Leading the bear far away. I want the bear to be far enough away from home so it won't bother us. If I have to I'll fight or kill it to keep it away.

I look behind to see if the bear is still there. To my surprise he's literally on my tail. Swinging his paws at me, trying to slow me down. But it just makes me speed up, making him grunt.

That's it, I've been running for 30 minutes going straight. I take a sharp turn and book it. I hear his roars of anger behind me, and it starts to get closer. Damn it!

"Would you just give up already!" I pant out, clearly exhausted. I turn around quickly turn around and jump over the large bear. He swings his paw up in the air, an inch away from my stomache. It seemed like slow motion.

When my paws touch the ground I let Leona take over, my Lion. She roars at him as a warning. But he doesn't take it. The bear lunges at us, but she makes us get small and slide underneath him. When we get behind him, Leona extends her claws and scratches and grips on to his hind areas.

The large bear roars with pain. He swings himself around, making us lose our grip on him. Taking a swing with his huge paw. He gets my face, and I roll a good 15 feet on the ground. Now he's so done for.

Leona growls at him viciously. Then she goes for the kill. She jumps on his back and locks on with her claws again. The bear goes on his hind legs and makes a noise of pain and anger. Leona doesn't hesitate to take a huge bite out of the back of his neck, and then finishing him off with a deadly puncture to the throat. His blood went everywhere. All the noises of struggle being drowned out by the blood in his throat.

I gain back control after Leona had calmed down. Knowing now that our sisters are not in danger anymore. At least from the bear, we will always be in danger.That's why I'm the only one that goes into town. No one can know that I have sisters, or any kind of family.

I started to drag the bear back, and I got closer to the house. Apparently Kris could feel the bond and freaked out.

Cynthia? Are you ok? It's been over an hour since you've parted in the forest...Cynthia? Kris sounded very desperate and worried. I wonder if Sage is being a bitch again.

Yes, I'm fine. Tell Sage that we are having bear for dinner. And make sure that the house and outside the house looks nice. Whatever crap you might have done while I saw gone better be cleaned up by the time I get back. I tell Kris with a serious voice towards the end. She doesn't reply, so I'm guessing they're going straight to work. They do this every time!

When I'm gone, they freak out and trash everything. I remember running into the house after being gone for about 3 hours. They were on the couch, Sage on top grabbing Kris's hair and screaming in her face. Kris just took it all, and was crying so loud. It broke my heart to see them like that. The first thing I did was slam the door to get their attention. It worked.

I know Sage is a bully to Kris. But she really does love her. She just doesn't like to admit it. Sage is Kris's role model, and so am I. She watches how we act, and I assume that's why she acts like she's an adult.

Im closer to the house now, and it's silent as far as I know. Guys I'm back. Come help me. I tell both Kris and Sage.

They came running outside, and I let the bear lay limp on the ground. They hugged Leona's form, as she and I purred.

"That bear is a lot bigger up close." Sage stated with wide eyes.

"Yah" Kris agreed with a little laugh behind it.

I shifted back to my human form, and started towards the house. Kris and Sage following me. When I get inside I grab a knife, knife sharpener, and the axe leaning against the back of the house. I hand Sage the axe, and Kris gets to hold the knife stuff.

The bear has already been half decapitated. So I'm not so sure we need the axe anymore. But I'm not sure yet. I step back and I let Sage do the work. She swings the axe behind her and then swings it straight down on the bear's neck. She does this three times, so apparently we did need the axe.

The bear's head is off, and we start to cut the bear into pieces to store for later. We do this a lot if you couldn't tell, just this is our first bear. But we do it the same as any other animal we have hunted before.

"Alright take these to the freezer in the basement. I'll take these, and these will be dinner tonight." I say pointing to two different piles of cut up bear.

They nod and do as told, taking several trips back-and-forth. While I'm inside cooking. Finally when they're done, we enjoy the delicious meal of bear that scared the shit out of us.