Prologue

Everyone knew the Legend of the Darkstalker- but not everyone knew the full story. Not every knew what he had truly been.

The legends told him as a monster that crept in the night, bringing death. They didn't say that he was the son of an animus IceWing Prince, and the daughter of a NightWing who he had met at Queen Carmine's Palace, or that he had a sister who spoke in riddles. They didn't say that he had white scales running down his wings, or that he could read minds, or that he could see the future. They didn't say he was possibly the most powerful dragon in history.

They didn't say he was an animus.

But not every dragonet was told the legends. Some families kept it alive, told their children the truth. Aye, it was varied over the decades. Not everything was accurate- but not everyone saw the same thing. Some dragons had been right there, by that stage- some had been  at home.

But those who did know... Some spread the word of the truth, to their friends. Eventually more than just NightWings knew- and while it opened friendships via fascination and shared stories, not everyone took heed of what the story meant. These friendships became more... And strange loves formed, with new hybrids in their wake.