Chapter One

"Okapi, are you sure we should go tonight? It's not safe! Your mother said-" A jittery blue and green dragon of pale hues hovered in midair above his sleeping platform.

    "My mother is no longer the Queen for the moment, Orangutan. She may be my mother, but she doesn't have power over me. I doubt anyone will notice two missing RainWings in the middle of the night," Prince Okapi replied, wings flaring with blazes of scarlet annoyance, accenting his silver base coat.

    Orangutan shuffled his wings guiltily. "I know... It just doesn't feel right. We're going against our Kingdom's back. Especially you- you're a prince!" Okapi rolled his eyes.

    "Fullmoons and Starsight are our friends- and they haven't told us everything! I want to hear the rest of the story, don't you?" The Prince protested.

    "We have heard the whole story- you just want the details!" Orangutan complained, his scales changing to soft, fuzzy purple and pink shades at the mention of their friends. "Besides, what about Pear?"

    The tips of Okapi's wings turned up in frustration. "What about Pear? If she finds out, she finds out! We don't tell her, no harm done! Now, let's go." The Prince huffed angrily and took off.  Orangutan shook his snout and flew off after his friend.