thirteen

i do end up coming to school the next day, not because of luke but because my mom threatened to murder me if i missed another day.

wearing my blackest hoodie and skinny black jeans, i try to sneak into the school without anybody noticing my presence. it doesn't work.

as soon as my shoe touches the tiles of the school, i hear a loud voice call me.

"m! you came!" i hear luke's voice squeal.

i look over to the blond boy sporting a huge smile and i watch him run over to me. out of sheer panic,
i take off again.

i don't know where i'm going, i'm just running away from luke. unfortunately, i don't have the advantage of a whole school of crowding around us, it's just the two of us and the occasional student watching us with wide eyes.

i'm close to my locker when luke finally catches up with me. he grasps my sweater and pulls me back tightly into his arms; hugging me with all his strength.

it feels so good to be in his arms, i nearly start breaking down again. my knees give away and i collapse into him.

the world is way behind us, i feel like luke and i our treading on clouds. i'm feeling light and untouchable; invincible even. i look up into my prince's gorgeous blue eyes and he stares back into my green ones.

then, all i can focus on are his pretty pink lips. they're so plush and soft looking. it seems like he's thinking the same thing because he slowly bends down.

"can i kiss you?" he murmurs softly.

to answer his question, i go on my tippy toes and close the space between our two lips. all i can feel is the passion between the two of us and luke's arms roaming my body freely.

when we finally break apart, gasping for air, luke smiles cutely at me.

"if you didn't avoid me these past few days, we would've made out so many times." luke states, giving me a wink.

"let's make up for the lost time," i tease.

"later. first, i want you to explain to me why you've been avoiding me." luke demands sternly, holding my waist to prevent me from running again.

it's a good thing he decided to hold onto me because if not, i would've taken off running again. instead, i look down and twiddle my fingers.

"i just didn't want you to be disappointed. you were so excited when you realized that you had a secret admirer and i didn't want to ruin your happiness. if you knew that your secret admirer was just some ugly vampire kid, you'd be crushed." i admit, staring down at my feet.

"you're fucking stupid," luke says shortly.

"what?" i'm so shocked at his reply, i turn up to look at him.

luke's blue eyes are bubbling with fury. "never talk about yourself like that again. you are not an ugly vampire kid, you're a beautiful little angel. i would never be disappointed with who you are, because to me you're everything worth living for. you're fucking perfect and i love you."

"don't lie to me," i whisper.

luke's thumb places itself on my chin and he raises my head up to look him.

"i would never lie to you," he states seriously.

i have to choke back a sob and i hug him tightly again. i remember the reasons why i love him so much; because he makes me happy, he makes me hate myself a little less, and i know he has my back.

"gods, we gotta stop meeting this way. we've only talked four times and half the time we met, one of us were crying." luke teases, rubbing circles into my back.

"fuck, i love you so much!" i cry into his chest.

"i love you too baby."