Chapter 3

"Who are these little scales? Why did we have to get grouped up with the smallest of them all?" Complained the tallest of the group.

"I don't think the little ones can keep up with us, Sensei. You should put them in a different group." The only girl voiced her opinions loud enough for the whole class to hear.

"Like I want to see your ugly faces all day, you tail swinger!" Mina hissed angrily at them.

Silence.
Not even Sensei spoke when he heard what Mina said.

"Excuse me?" A huge, ruby red dragon stepped forward.

I wanted to back away, but Mizuki's tail blocked my exit.

"You heard me!" Mina drew herself up and tried her hardest to look intimidating.

"You shouldn't say things like that to your hatchmates, especially if they're bigger than you." He took a few threatening steps toward us. "You're likely to get hurt."

"Oh yeah? And what are you gonna do?" Mizuki said calmly.

The crowd erupted with cheers. Everyone wanted to see a fight, but none agreed on who should win.

Names were called and threats thrown, but neither group came too close. We wanted to fight but Sensei was still there, waiting for someone to slip up.

"You three are too young to be here, so go back to your caves!"

"You are too old to be in our class! How many times did you fail?"

"Come any closer and I'll rip you apart, egg eater!"

"I'd like to see you try, frog licker!"

"That's enough!" Sensei growled suddenly. "You hatchlings will work together, whether you like it or not!"

We all fell silent.

"If you have any problems, fight after class." He curled up on a tall tree stump.

"Class dismissed."

Later on that day

"What should we do? We'll never be able to work with them!" I paced in circles around them.

"We have to." Mizuki yawned. "Sensei said so."

"That's not the problem!" I yelled.

"If there is a problem, it's because of Mina." Mizuki huffed.

"Me?! How?!" Mina hissed.

"You were the one who challenged them."

"Because they made fun of us!"

"Two wrongs don't make a right."

"So you want me to let them walk all over us?"

Mizuki only shrugged.

No one spoke after that. There wasn't anything else to say. We all needed to calm down before speaking again, so we went home.

Only to hide this from our parents.