Chapter 28: Relief

Liz's P.O.V

Kathy runs off and I try to unbuckle my seat belt as fast as I can but I struggle. Mom was out of the car but she did see Kathy run off, now I'm just so confused! Mom then sits back in the car and takes a deep breath.

"Mom?! You can't just let her run off like that!" I start off

"Honey she's got no where to go, we'll find her"  and of course mom is always right.

I look back trying to see if she's still somewhere to be seen but she's not.

Just then the engine begins to work again. Mom takes a U-turn and now we're on the path to home just to find Kathy.

"There, I see her!" I point out to Kathy who was curled up on the side walk balling her eyes out. There was a gas station near by so mom parked there.

"Stay here, I'll go talk to her. Make sure you lock the doors" mom quickly says while unbuckling her seatbelt.

Katy's POV

Our life's been a mess and the last thing I need is for it to start this way when I want to start fresh.

I start walking towards Kathy who was sitting on the cold pavement.

"Here goes nothing" I whisper to myself with a billion thoughts going through my mind.

I sit right besides her pulling her head into my lap and she doesn't hesitate a single bit. I then begin stroking her hair and she just continues to sob.

"I just don't know what to do anymore" she sobs. "Listen, you've got me. There's nothing you should worry about. The past's then and this is now." I whisper

"I'm sorry" she sighs while she continues sobbing, she then continues "I mean I love dad but at the same time he's done so much that I really do wanna get away from him. I just don't know, can we please just start a new life. A new page?"

"We definitely can and we most certainly will" I smile as she looks but up at me and returns a smile.

"Why's your belly so uncomfortable?" She asks while trying to get herself comfortable meanwhile I completely forgot that she still doesn't know that I'm pregnant.

"It's the baby you silly" I laugh and then realize.

She immediately shot straight up looking at me blankly. "Yo-ur *gulp* preg-nant?!" She squeals.

I sigh in literal relief.

"Does Liz know?!"she squeals again. "Yes your sister does know" I smile. I get up while she does the same and we finally start walking towards the car.

On the way I think of just a renting a hotel room for God knows how long until I could get some things settled.

Kathy's POV

"Liz! I can't believe you didn't tell me! You never hide anything from me!!" I start screaming as soon as I enter the car.

"Well I knew you would know sooner or later" she shrugs while I just kept on huffing and puffing throughout the entire ride.

I woke up and we were suddenly outside a hotel, both Liz and I were really confused.

"Katy. I thought we were going to your parents?"

" changed my mind. I might as well get us a place soon but for now get yourselves settled girls."

We shrug it off and get out of the car. We enter a lobby to a not so fancy hotel and wait while we get a room.

Right as the elevator door is about to close. The last person we wanted to see came barging right in.