Chapter 1: Silver.

Chapter 1: Silver.

"Everyone's always confused whenever they turn fifteen. A thin, silver chain appears at your neck, dangling a small, intricate shape or design. It ranges from flowers, to words, to musical notes. There was no such thing as a same necklace. Everyone's was different. 

Only soulmates had matching necklaces. The very people that you were destined to spend your entire life with, share the very same necklace as you. In this world of billions, it may seem so small and meaningless, but everyone had their true loves, it was just one of the Universe's many mysteries as to why soulmates were bound by such a small, trivial 'accessory'.  Whenever these soulmates touch, skin to skin, their necklaces, turn gold. Every child, birthed into this world would marvel at this tale, whenever told by their parents. It's magical,it's mystery, it's exciting! 

Everyone looked forward to that particular birthday when they are gifted with this....wonder. 

However, there is a small detail, long forgotten by the ancestors, as the story gets passed down from generation to generations. The thing was, very, very rarely, the Universe creates a love so profound, so insane, so stupid, that nobody would ever expect it to happen. The two were so different, so opposite, no one would have even thought about them being together. The Universe then crafts a special sort of bond for these two. Their necklaces, unlike usual soulmates, are the opposites. 

Like life and death. 

Their necklaces, were nothing alike. Just like their love, but when together, it was powerful, hypnotizing. And to this day, there doesn't seem to be any sign of this...forgotten legend." Nico Di Angelo listened silently as he heard his mother weave yet another beautiful story for his sister. 

He's heard this story too many times. He's committed it to memory, every word, every breath of wonder, every syllable. And yet, he still doesn't believe that he has a soulmate. He was gay, for heaven's sake. Does the Universe even accept such a thing? Nico didn't like his necklace. It's silvery aura, its smoothness, it's small indents. He abhorred it. He didn't like being reminded that he was probably never going to experience love. He thought as though the Universe gave his necklace to him out of spite, like it was a cruel joke. His was just a plain half moon, three tiny indents at the top left corner of it. It was nothing too special, which made him sort of jealous, because his sister's was a gorgeous, beautifully carved silver rose. 

"Nico." Nico looked up, and met his mother's kind eyes. "He will come eventually, tesoro." 

"How are you so sure." He meant for it to come out as a question, but it tumbled out of his mouth clipped, bitter. 

"Pazienza, Nico. I know he will. The Universe is not as inhuman as it seems." With that, she kissed his forehead, and left the room, leaving Nico alone with his thoughts. 

No doubt, Nico despised the thing, but deep inside, he was curious. 

He hoped, just a tiny, little bit, that maybe, just maybe, he would have someone to love. Someone he was capable of loving. 

-------------> 

Onto the next chapter!