Chapter 6: Golden Wings, Silver Things.

Chapter 6: Golden wings and Silver Things.

Will was there, at his locker. Nico felt his throat tighten. He can't do this. He can't. Will turned around before he could duck away, and their gazes locked. Nico swallowed thickly. 

"Nico." Will's voice sounded like honey, and Nico tried desperately not to shudder. 

"Hey." 

"Can...we talk? About um...this?" Will muttered, bashful as he gestured to his necklace. 

Their eyes locked yet again, and Nico could see the glimmer of hope in his deep blue eyes, making it seem as though Will's eyes were sparkling. 

"Sure." Will exhaled in relief, and a stray lock of hair tumbled onto his face. 

Nico resisted the strong urge to tuck it back behind Will's ear. 

"Um, so." 

"So...?" Their eyes met, briefly, before both of them looked away, blushing. 

Nico was positive his face would burst into flames at any moment. 

"So." Will said, just as Nico said, "Yeah, um." 

"You first." They said in unison, before they burst into nervous laughter. 

"This is so stupid. Let's just hang out, and see what happens, is that okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm...free tonight, if...if you're interested." Nico said, stammering. 

Will grinned, a lopsided grin that made Nico's heart race. "That's perfect." 

Will slammed the locker door shut, and smiled again when he caught Nico staring at him. Nico ducked his head, blushing even more. 

"See you later, Sunshine." 

Nico's head snapped up. 

"Don't call me Sunshine." He growled. 

Most people would've cowered away when he used that tone, but Will? 

Oh no, Will just laughed, leaned over to give him a quick peck on the cheek. "Sunshine." Will said, just for finality. 

Red-faced, Nico stared after the departing blond boy, feeling the beginning of a smile tugging at his lips. 

Re-wrote this entire thing, yay! I'm less annoyed by how les cringey it is now. Check out my Solangelo One-shots book too, thanks! I promise it'll be a bit better! Hope you liked this story!