Chapter 1 - Later Then Usual

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀*starts Writing*

It was one of those cold winter nights in Arkham Asylum at 9:30 PM. After 8:00 PM at least all of the doctors go home, away from the insane. After 8:00 you could hear the laughs, whispers, secrets, banging against the walls and specialty Professional police and if so the patients running around the Asylum, others walking with loaded guns. Their the only ones that should be here. Protecting the Asylum...Or were they?
But anyways, for some odd reason I had to stay. They said...trying to remember, that if I didn't, if I went home, and missed this one patient it would be serious on my job. It would be...Dangerous. They always said that, so honestly why bother? But maybe it was going to be different...They said he was different then the others. Something special about him that may change me. I couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of the day till now. He's probably just going to be like any other patient I see...well crazy and with some kind of sad past that makes you actually want to listen to them...It's the worst to think about. It's really how they even got here in the first place.

*stops writing*

One single tear passes down my face.

"I honestly need to get a normal life".

As I sigh and bang the pen on the table thinking of what else to write about.
Next thing I knew, a police officer knocks at the door leaving me paranoid because I was half asleep. He opens the door and looks around frantically...

"what's wrong officer?"

He quickly turns his head looking frightened walking towards me.

"What's wrong??"

He repeats.

"What's wrong? Is that really the question you would ask a police officer in an Asylum?"

I look back at my writings embarrassed...The officer sighs and turns his head in the air and back to looking at me.

"Okay...Look Harleen. Another doctor told me to stay close to you...You know"

I look up confused with my eyes and brows sharped down at the man.
I laugh of course.

"Isn't that why your here?"

I say in a giggling voice.

He looks at me like I'm some kind of controlled psychopath at the doing I did something so stupid.

"Well yes...but"

He pauses, Sighs and takes a deep breath.

"Your next patient...he's...not normal. Well uh"

He looks at the ground smiling and laughing then looking back at me with the most serious face I have ever saw. He leans in, puts both of his arms on the table, and whispers.

"Be careful...I trust you with him. Just remember, it's all going to be recorded. The guards will be outside the door...More...More then usual"

He pauses.

I made a sudden shocked and worried face.

More guards? I thought.

He leans down in front of me waiting to put my hands in his. I start to move my hands off my lap, regretting them. Soon I put my hands in his.
He looks down at them and starts rubbing the top of my hands.

"Whatever you do Harleen"

As he looks at my hands still rubbing them carefully.

"I promise, he won't hurt you."

Right in a second I made a horrible face with my hands feeling awfully light in his. In the speed of light I pull my hands away from his and he immediately looks up and stares at me.

"Wh...what are you guys saying? Just because I'm a high experienced psychiatrist here, I don't want to be with a more dangerous patient then ever before...is he that bad??"

I sharpen my brows again down at him, confused more then ever.

The officer calms down his expression to a blank face. He shakes his head slowly, whispering gently 1 words that echoed in the dark, cold room.

"careful."

He cups my right leg rubbing the silk skirt I had on looking up at me with his dark brown eyes.

"I won't let anything happen to you Harleen."

He stands up and leaves then right afterwards closing the door after he stares at my blank concerning face seeming to not even care. But...maybe he did...? I couldn't help but blush at the young man who had a gossamer touch, smiling down at where he had touched me.

⠀⠀⠀⠀♦︎couple minutes pass♦︎

"I feel so...bad"

I say out loud.

"I don't know why...but I feel weird..."

I shake my head out of the trance.

"What are you saying?? You'll be fine Harleen! What's to worry about?"

For all I cared I started laughing at my own thoughts in my head, which lead me to getting ready for the patient...

See Next Page For Authors Note