Feeling Like the End

Ally was speechless. Break up with Austin? After three days? No. Impossible. "Wha-what if I refuse?" Ally stammered.

"I wouldn't recommend it. I have a video that has ruined your life, and will ruin your life again." A video...and instantly, everything made sense. It all snapped into place. Well, almost all of it.

"Indigo."

"Damn! I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the video!" Ally could feel her face getting hot, something that rarely happened, because she was rarely angry. She looked around for the girl. Fortunately, a gleam caught her attention from the corner of her eye. Indigo's glasses reflected the Miami sunlight, making her an easy find.

Ally sprinted across the courtyard after her, as Indigo slipped into the bathroom. Ally burst in to find Indigo frantically attempting to lock herself in a stall. She grabbed the stall door before it could slam shut. "You! What is your problem?" Ally exclaimed. Indigo tried to lunge around Ally, but Ally was able to block her. She wasn't very strong, but neither was Indigo, so it was easy to corner her against the turquoise tiled walls.

"Please don't hurt me!" Indigo exclaimed. Ally could see that she really was afraid. But for once, she didn't care. Ally didn't back away, but she didn't go any closer. 

"Okay, you know what? You have five seconds to begin to tell me what's going on," Ally demanded. Indigo shrugged.

"I can tell you anything, yet I doubt it will make a difference. See, when you forced me to delete the video, you ended up forcing me to delete the one thing that was keeping me from being a nobody. Ally, the point is, you messed up everything for me. And now, with my video, I can pretty much do the same. Unless you and Austin break up." Ally almost wanted to cry, but in this case, weakness wouldn't really help.

"You don't understand what it's like to fall in love. Your mind is to sick and twisted to ever know what it feels like. And it's not things like viral videos that make you a likable person. It's whether or not you're a jerk!" Her voice cracked.

"None of that really matters to me. I still have the video. And I have no intention of getting rid of it this time. Now I think you have a job to do," Indigo reminded. She managed to slide past Ally before Ally could react. Ally managed to yank her arm though. "There's nothing you can do," Indigo sneered. Her hand struck Indigo's cheek as the younger girl went to hide somewhere else.

Ally didn't continue to chase after her. It was a waste of time, and besides, she was too lost in horrible thoughts. How could she possibly break up with Austin? Without him, she just wanted to leave. Leave school. Leave life. But did she really have a choice?

She felt a hand on her shoulder. Guilt immediately washed over her, because she knew it was him. "Hey," he said, "are you okay? I know you don't usually walk off like that." She began to nod, but stopped midway.

"Actually..." Ally averted her eyes so that she was staring at the ground. She couldn't get the awful words out. They lodged the selves the the back of her throat, and the front of her mind.

" Ally, what's up?" Austin asked solemnly.

"I...think...maybe it would be best...if...if we break up."Ally didn't even wait for a reaction from him. She just ran.

Austin couldn't quite wrap his mind around the words she had murmured. Why...why did she want to break up with him so suddenly? He tried to imagine what he would do without Ally...nothing. He stood against his locker, not sure what to do. Once Ally had told him the truth about her past, he was positive that there would be no more problems in their relationship. But no.

"So what was that all about?" Trish asked, approaching Austin.

"I think she just broke up with me." Austin turned and walked away. He didn't feel like facing anyone right now.