A chance

Sapphire's POV

"Hey." Ashley said, sitting next to me. I insisted on going to school. I didn't want to throw away the little piece of normality I had.

"Hi." I replied.

"Yo." Angel said.

"Uh... I never thought I'd say this, but can I stay at your place for a while?" Ashley asked Angel.

"Yeah, sure." She said, glancing at Ashley. "I'm sorry about what happened." Angel mumbled. She could've been talking about the first time or the fact that her mom wasn't actually better.

"She seemed so normal." Ashley said, looking slightly lost.

"I wouldn't be surprised if she was actually trying, but the influence of the Followers is hard to say no to." Angel said, trying to reassure her.

"Yeah. Sure." Ashley muttered.

"I'm not joking. If you are or have been involved with Darkness, it's nearly impossible to not get sucked into their influence." Angel said, it was like she was remembering her own experience.

"You make it sound like you know what it's like." Ashley said, echoing my thoughts.

"I've had to resist it a few times and I've seen what it did to Angelica." We were silent. It was hard to figure out what to say to that.

"Yo." AJ appeared behind Angel.

"Hey." Angel replied as AJ sat down.

"Do you mind if we sit here?" A voice asked. All of us turned and saw a group of 3 standing there. I'd seen them around campus. I glanced in the direction of their usual table and saw that it was occupied by the popular group.

"Sure." I replied.

"Thanks." A girl with black hair and red streaks. There was another blonde who had green eyes and a guy with brown hair and blue eyes. I'd heard he'd turned down the popular group. I guess this was their revenge.

"I'm Samantha." The blonde said. The guy's name was Tyler and the girl with red streaks was Jade. I glanced at Jade. Something about her was different, but not in a Follower-ish way. Angel would never let me within a hundred miles of them if she could. I narrowed my eyes, looking at her aura. I know I've said I hated using it but it was also a weaker power and less reliable. Around her was dark with streaks of amber, grey, and red.

"I can minorly control stone." She whispered to me. I guess that explains her name. Jade controlling stone, ironic.

"I'm guessing Light?" Angel asked, making sure no one was listening.

"Yeah. What about you?" Jade replied. I quickly glanced at Angel, making sure it was okay for me to tell Jade. Angel nodded.

"Everything." I said. She nodded, calmly.

"Damn, the rumors are right about you being powerful." Jade muttered under her breath.

"What rumors?" I asked, slightly confused. I didn't know there were more of us.

"There are more Minors than you know." Jade said. "We might not me majorly involved, but we want you to succed." Minors were people who were distantly related to a supernatural like AJ and now Jade. And until now I didn't know that there were a lot of them. Minors were supposedly rare. Guess not.

"Anyway, Angel?" Jade turned to my Protector.

"My parent's names are James and Katrina." Angel's voice was calm, but Jade's expression was shocked. You'd think that my Element controlling would be more shocking than Angel's parent's names. I guess I missed something because Jade was nodding with a hint of fear in her eyes.