DWAH Chapter Four

- Sorry, it's a little unedited it & there might be a few mistakes with spelling or such :/

Chapter Four

As soon as we got back to my house, which is 7 o'clock, Celia rushed into the bathroom with her bags of clothes. I don't think I had ever seen anyone run as fast as she just did to try on her outfits.

"Hey! Are you hungry?!" I called out. She shuffled around inside the room before answering me with a "Yes." I  huddled my bags into a small pile next to the antique coffee table I had placed in the center of the living room. It was a reminder for me to represent how far I have come since the disappearance of my aunt. After that, I was hunting down the demons who had taken her to the demons who were exposing us.

I strode to the kitchen and rummaged through the refrigerator, only coming up with leftovers. Not even one microwavable dinner tray was in sight. We had to go out in public to satisfy our hunger. During this time of the day, Demons and Shifters are bound to show up every corner we turn. It was their natural to hunt mortals in the dark. But a promise is a promise. Even if they appear around us, I would not go after them.

"Celia? We're kind of out of food. Want to eat out instead?" I asked as I walked to the bathroom door, knocking on it gently. For a second, she didn't answer, but came out with a new look. Her front hair was pulled up into a waterfall braid, going well with the black summer dress she just purchased.

"I'm ready," she grinned. "Do you want want to change into something new too?"

"Nope, I'm just fine with what I'm wearing," I said, holding out my arms. I wasn't a type that could change into multiple outfits in a day, more like one would do.

Celia shrugged her shoulders. "Suit yourself."

I drove us a few blocks from my house to where the restaurants were lined up in one single street with out ice cold hands in out jacket pockets. Today was extremely cold in comparison with the other days. But despite all the downhills of the even like having to wait in line because we had no reservations, sitting outside in the breezy air, and having our food come late, it was a nice day with Celia.

I spun my fork around between my thumb and index over the left over spaghetti, listening intensely to her life stories. We did this every time we hung out and really talked about things other than what I did and school work. It was something I liked about her, something that kept me entertained.

"I didn't know how it happened, but it just did. I mean, the paint fell straight from Jarmain's loser onto her head. SPAT!" She laughed, rumbling the table with her taps. "She did deserve it for all she's done to everyone, you know? Karma!"

I joined in laughing with her and stopped abruptly when a cold breeze came our way. I knew the feeling too well. Of course, it was more demons and shifters roaming in the crowded streets, attempting to blend in. But when you're taught to learn their ways and differences, one wouldn't be hard to spot. My head kept turning back just to be safe if anything or anyone crept up on us. A few times, Celia watched me with caution as I watched the surrounding. She knew something was up too.

"You know, it wouldn't be much fun if I just talked the whole night while you're paranoid with everything," she grinned as she said it.

"I'm not paranoid," I lied.

"Mhm," she rolled her eyes at me. "If you forgot, I can tell when you're lying to me."

I remained quiet for a few seconds, trying to find something to say other than referring that it was my priority. But instead, I just agreed with her. "Fine, I am a little paranoid."

She rolled her eyes again. "A little?" she responded, looking on the side of the table at my hand. It was at the top of my leather boots where I always stored an extra blade. I hadn't realized that my hands had left the table ..

"A lot .." I whispered. She rose a delighted smile to herself, shaking her head from left to right. She did that every time I admitted something when she confronted me. it wasn't weird at all because I barely ever let someone win an argument or even let them have their way of saying they're right about me.

Celia rose from her seat and reached her hands in her purse, pulling out $30 for out food. "You can pay me back once you get home," she winked. "Now, go do your thing. I'll be at your house watching The Vampire Diaries." Giggling, she checked behind her and around before hoping over the metal fence. I was pretty amazed, she wasn't the type to do things like that. But when it came to Damon taking off his shirt, I guess there were no limits. "I'm taking your car!" she yelled, jingling my keys in her left hand.

I ignored the fact that I had to walk home in the dead night, but it was worth it once I kill one or two demons. I took off in the other direction of where Celia was driving, into the foggy woods where most will hunt their preys. While they hunt humans, I hunt them.