The Beginning

5:00 a.m.

Jade's P.O.V

I looked out the window, the sun barely peeking out from the clouds, a light breeze laced heavily with the smell of rain blew through my bedroom window. I took a moment to watch as dark storm clouds rolled across the sky, telling me it was going to be a thunderstorm.

Sighing heavily to myself and thinking about how "perfect" it was that it would rain on a day like today. My mood drastically declining even further as the previous night played across my mind like an old film reel. The only comfort I could even partake in was when my beloved Growlithe, Synder, placed her head in my lap, staring compassionately at me with her ember eyes.

A small, soft smile spread across my lips as I gently scratched behind her left ear, my thoughts trailing off the rails once more as I looked around my room. I checked to my bed where a travel bag with clothes, toiletries, spare pokéballs, healing sprays, food and treats for Synder, and other necessities were packed away next to a small bag containing a sleeping bag attached to a tent bag.

Synder carefully watched me as I slowly got up from the desk chair and cracked my back, seeing how I couldn't find it in myself to go back to sleep, I began getting ready for the day with a long hot shower that burned away the terrible memories of yesterday. Today would have to be a new start. I was going to leave and never come back to this place, never. I could see tears beginning to well up but I forced them and a sob back. I didn't cry all this time, I refused to, there wasn't any point because it wouldn't change anything.

I peeked out from the shower curtain and glanced at the clock on the wall, seeing that it was already 6:30 a.m. I groaned. I was in here for more than I had planned and was running behind schedule. Quickly getting out and drying myself off with an old, rough brown towel, I dressed simply in a black ruffled skirt, thigh high black socks, lazily laced up my deep purple Doc Martin boots halfway up before just tucking in the strings. A dark purple tank top to match my Doc Martin's, and a black leather jacket.

I trekked back into the bathroom and looked at my hair, running my hand slowly through my curly, jet black locks with the tips dyed purple. Thinking back to how at one point my hair was all purple all the time, to the point I forgot what my natural hair color was. I would have forgotten if it weren't for her...

"No! Do. Not. Think. About. It. Jade.!" I mentally scolded myself.

I sighed and quickly ran a brush through it before putting it in a black baseball cap with a large white Pokéball outlined in purple displayed in left hand corner just above the rim, and slipped on black leather gloves. I quickly tied the tent bag and sleeping bag to the top of my travel bag, quickly put my laptop away in its travel bag and whistled for Synder to follow.

I quickly walked down the hall, very aware of my footsteps echoing through the dark empty house. Quickly taking down the steps, ignoring the pictures framed on the wall with a thin layer of dust beginning to form over the people captured in the still frame. My heart pounded in my ears as my blood began to rush through my being as if a million ants were scrambling to crawl out of their hole when it flood with water.

But as soon as I reached the door and reached for the doorknob, I froze, my fingers a few mere centimeters away. I looked at Synder who patiently waited for me to open it. This was truly my moment, it was now or never. Could I really leave all of this behind though? Was it so simple for me to just leave and never look back?

No. Nothing about this or my journey would be simple. Truth is I didn't have a plan other than leaving here and getting as far away as possible. With a new found determination rising in my chest like a dragon roaring in victory, I threw open the door and raced out in the now down pouring rain and ran. I ran hard to my bike and looked out at Synder who was right next to me, wagging her tail happily.