Haunted

"It's been two years, Shanna, and I know as much of what happened to them now as I did then" Riley was exasperated. And tired. So tired.
"What are you proposing Riley? That you find their murderer yourself? Don't be ridiculous". Shanna shook her head and sipped her coffee, but never took her eyes from Riley's.
"No, of course not...but I could help Shanna. I felt things...that night...and I've seen things since then -"
"In your dreams Riley -"
"I'd hardly call them dreams. But yes, when I sleep I relive that night, and I've seen things when I do that could help lead the police to the murderer. I just know it," Riley sighed heavily. "Look, I know it's difficult to wrap your mind around, but I have a way of knowing things that no one else would know..."
"So you're psychic?"
"I don't know, ok? Maybe. I'm going to see a professor at the university tomorrow morning who might be able to answer that question for the both of us".
Riley studied her friend; tall, leggy, tell it like it is Shanna who never let anything weigh her down. Except for maybe Riley. They had been friends from childhood and roommates for years, but sometimes Riley feared Shanna would get fed up with her depressing life and cut ties. Sitting there in their kitchen so early in the morning the sun still hadn't risen, Shanna didn't look as if she were about to pick up the phone and call someone to have Riley committed, but she was definitely skeptical, Riley knew.
"Riley, honey, even if you do have some sort of...ability...how is it going to help you find the murderer? It's been two years, the trail's gone ice cold. There wasn't even any evidence...any anything. Maybe it isn't so healthy for you to focus on this anymore. Maybe you need to... let go sweetie" she finished, not unkindly, and placed her hand on Riley's.
"You're a good friend to be concerned, but what would you do if it were your parents? Or Liam or Jackson? Or me? Wouldn't you want... wouldn't you need to know what happened?"
Shanna sighed, nodded and squeezed Riley's hand.
"Just be careful Riley".