CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Makayla come to my office. Now.

Charles's voice rang in my head, which was really the last voice I wanted to hear right now. Regardless of what I wanted, I made my way to the Professor's office.

I swung open the door, finding the boy I had nearly killed sitting in a chair, Jean inspecting his throat which had started to form bruises. Both of them walked out of the room when they saw me, the boy doing so as quickly as possible.

"What?" I said, my voice sharp with anger and sadness.

"Shut the door, please." Charles said. I did so, and walked towards him angrily.

"You choked that boy, Makayla?" He said, his eyes stern and focused on me.

"I didn't mean to—"

"This is serious Makayla!" He yelled, starling me.

"You're not going to mean to do a lot of things okay? Poltergeist is going to make sure of that. But you need to stay calm Makayla! You have to understand that!"

"What?!" I yelled at him. "Understand that I can even cry without going completely nuts?!"

"That's just the way it is Makayla..." He said calmly, obviously trying to calm me down because his desk and wheelchair were beginning to wobble and the lights flicker off and on violently.

"You don't tell anyone else that!"

"Because you're not everyone else. Now please, settle down Makayla."

"Poltergeist doesn't control me." I said gritting my teeth and shutting my eyes tightly so the tears would not fall out.

"Yes she does Makayla." Charles said sadly, his voice barely above a loud whisper.

I looked at him with disbelief. "Charles no she doesn't—"

"You are a category five mutant, Makayla. That is as strong as they come, and you need to accept that." His tone was loud and close to a yell.

I stared at him. He stared back at me.

"So what?" I asked angrily as the hot tears kept falling. "I have demon powers, Charles? That's what you said. Is that how you see me? As a demon?"

"Makayla, please—"

"Don't Makayla me Charles." I said, the tears flowing like never before. "Just leave me alone..."

With that, I ran down the hallway, tears streaming down my red cheeks. Soon, I was in my bedroom, and I slammed my head down on my mattress, gripping the blankets tightly.

"I hate you!" I yelled. "I HATE YOU POLTERGEIST!"

I cried some more, my body falling down on the floor as I curled myself into a ball. A hand placed itself on my back, and the same odd sensation I felt when I was near Kurt came, so I knew it was him. "What do you want Kurt—"

It was Azazel.

I gasped, opening my mouth to scream but he covered it with his large red hand. "Don't scream." He said slyly, his face inches away from mine.

I stood, unable to move as he circled around me, observing my body carefully.

"Interesting." He said distastefully as he shook his head.

"A—Azazel?" I mumbled in disbelief, taking a couple of wobbly steps backwards.

"Ah, so you know me." He said slyly giving me a fanged grin.

He began walking towards me, cornering me against the wall. "You don't belong here." He said. "You belong with your own kind—"

"I...I'm not like you!" I yelled at him.

He only shook his head and approached me slowly.

"Come on," He began. "You know you don't belong here, with these people who don't understand you." He held out his clawed red hand. "Darling, come with me and everything with be better."

"No!" I screamed. "Don't call me that! I will never come with you!" I turned my face to the side, tears of pure fear rushing down my face as he came uncomfortably close to me, his body pressed up against mine as he whispered in my ear.

"Awww..." He frowned mockingly. "Never say never, darling."

Then he vanished in a cloud of dust like Kurt did.

I hurriedly ran out of the door, slamming it behind me and sliding my body down it. I put my face in my hands, muffling the sound of my sobs. Not daring to move or go back into my room.

Be sure to tell me what you thought :-)