Chapter 2

Today I couldn’t decide what to say in case Taylor decided to say something to me. After a few minutes I decided I’d cross that bridge when I got there. With that I reached into the closet for my Firestone High School uniform; a short- sleeved white T-shirt tucked into a navy blue plaid knee length skirt and your choice of footwear no higher than a 2 inch wedge heel. Oh and I almost forgot the tie, good thing I hadn’t left yet. I went to the kitchen ate some cereal, grabbed my lunch money and told daddy I was ready. Daddy didn’t take long to get in the car and drive me to school and for that I was early and I wasn’t sure I wanted to be. Today was the day Taylor had insisted we reschedule to, but I didn’t want to get my hopes up.

I went through the morning without seeing her but at lunch I had no such luck. There she was with a group of friends in a lunch line, but she didn’t say a word to me. Why did I get my hopes up, why did I have to be so gullible? I continued walking still refusing to acknowledge she was there. I got into a line pretending I didn’t see her. Yet again my heart sank, the one I needed the most disappointed me. However, I didn’t hate her, I couldn’t. If she simply allowed me to talk to her, to vent, all would be forgiven and forgotten.

While my body stood in the lunch line, my mind wondered off to the good days I had with Taylor. Looking back I couldn’t really think of a lot that we had in common. I have long black hair, she has short black hair. I have soft, timid, cheerful, emotional brown eyes; she has soft, friendly, approachable brown eyes. She is a little taller than me by a few inches. However, we both like writing, whether it was stories, poems, essays; you name it we write it. On the other hand she draws better than I can and I sing better than she can. She prefers dark colors; I prefer a mixture of both dark and light colors. We were different but she was my ‘go to’ person for anything maybe everything.” Excuse me,” I was taken from my thoughts as a guy tapped my shoulder.

“Yes?” I kind of asked.

“You’re Amber-Kay, right?”

“Yes that’s me do I know you?” I asked looking at him with one eyebrow raised.

“Well no, but I’m new here and I was instructed to let you show me around.”

”Oh okay, want to get lunch first?” I asked him.

“Yeah,”

“Well ok we’ll get lunch then I’ll show you around.” “So you know my name what’s yours?” I asked. 

“Brad, my name is Brad Blake.”

With that Brad and I waited in line for lunch and afterwards I showed him around school. He seemed like a pretty nice guy. He was kind of cute; he looked like the athletics type, brown eyes, and a friendly white smile. He is taller than me by a few inches, 4, 3 or 5, and we have the same brown complexion. I had fun showing him around but the sound of the bell meant class time not ‘lets have fun’ time.

The rest of the day went by uneventfully and time really seemed to fly. Before I knew it I was at the taxi sand waiting for a taxi. Sometimes daddy couldn’t take me to school or home so I had to take a taxi and go home alone. But I didn’t mind, I kind of enjoyed it. As soon as I got home I did what I always did, I threw my bag on the bed and went to the kitchen. Since my parents were never home when I got home I had the house to myself, so I went into the fridge took out a chocolate bar and sat on the counter top and ate it merrily. I love chocolate.

After that I went into my room and threw myself on my bed without changing my uniform, and fell asleep. By the time I woke up my parents were home no matter how ‘un-tired’ I was I always slept through the day when I got home from school. I wondered why I had woken up earlier than usual today then it hit me, I heard the commotion downstairs. This could only mean one thing mom and dad were arguing again. I hate hearing my parents argue but I preferred arguing over a divorce. I always said if they were to get a divorce I’d jump off a cliff, but sometimes I think I wouldn’t mind. I just realized I slept all day and forgot my home work, better get o it. Until next time your fallen angel AKE <3 !