[t.p.] - 01

Excuse any mistakes.

| C H A P T E R  O N E |

{Malcom's House, Atlanta GA}

      Malcom's hands carassed the man's face as beads of sweat dripped on his navy blue Timberlands. He watched the man inhale the fumes of his old friend's dead body. It's been there for over a month. He heard a light crack only to see Simone's smirk grow on her face. Her caramel body swayed to the sound of night and she rested a hand upon Malcom's shoulder.

    "This man here is a snitch, Mal. We have to kill him now." She snickered, pointing Malcom towards his hit men who stood in guard with guns.

     Malcom let the man go and a hard thud came. He watched as the man was beaten until his face looked swollen. Malcom was used to seeing people die. He did it only for money and laughter. Simone was his girlfriend, although Malcom never had mutual feelings for her. If he let Simone go, all his information would be on the streets. And people are looking for him.

      "Aye, boss man," Jamal's voice rang from the top of the stairs. His feet stepped into the puddle of blood and tears as he approached Malcom. Jamal was Malcom's closest friend. Jamal kept Malcom's back as if it his. And Malcom did the exact same.

     Malcom released a sigh as he read the contact name on Jamal's IPhone—Snake. 'Snake' was Malcom's old boss when he was entering the game. It was always hostility between them.

      "Tell him, I'm in Brooklyn. Can't deal with him." Malcom scoffed.

      Hours later, the dusk midnight surrounded the sky. Malcom sat in his room as he listened the the sounds of his mother's music. He couldn't comprehend why she continued to play the same exact song over and over again. He heard a light knock at his door—Elena. Elena was his five year old baby sister. When it came to her, he was such a darling.

     "Lena, you have school tommrow. I have been telling you about that every night." Malcom resisted to allow his sister to lure him into another night of her telling him the stories she believed.

      Elena didn't say anything. She climbed into the bed and began to play with the sheets. Whenever she's quiet, she seen something wrong. Malcom noticed that when it came to his sister.

     "I seen the red kool-aid again beside the basement door," Malcom told his little sister the 'blood' from his victims were 'kool-aid'.

     "I opened it and saw a man climbing out the window. He told me to come here and I did. He told me he's saving himself from danger." Malcom leaned up and placed a smuggled look upon his face. Simone sent hitmen to kill this dude.

     I think our man ain't dead. Lil sis says he climbed out the window. Tell all of the boys to meet near my neighborhood. He couldn't have went far. — Malcom, 12:03 A.M.

    Damn! Man, ight! Yo lil hoe probably lied again! — Jamal, 12:03 A.M.

      "Elena, don't ever go back down there. Don't even exit your room at night. If you scared go to Maria's room or mom's." Jamal said, placing his sister on his hip and walking across the hall into his seventeen year old sister's room.

    Maria knew about her brother's secrets. She didn't mind seeing his good-looking gang members walk through the house.

     "Get yo ugly ass up! Stop letting her exit the room. She gone end up in the deep end, Ria." Malcom demanded.

       He couldn't handle business when his family fucked up.