Chapter 21

Chapter 21 

"Luke? Darth? No- Chewbacca!" Niall kept calling out names to the baby boy in his arms.

"Ni?! No! I'm not naming my child that! 'Chewbacca'? Really?" Liam exclaimed in frustration and motioned for me to take him from Niall's arms. Niall pouted and huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Nialler, those are awful names for him. What kind of names are those?" Zayn said, chuckling and shaking his head.

"Um, Star Wars names! How could you not know that?" Niall retorted, muttering profanities under his breath. I chuckled, earning a glare from him.

"Ni, seriously. I'm NOT naming my child after a character from Star Wars. And don't even think about naming my baby girl Leia," Liam continued to scold Niall.

I laughed along with Louis, who was busy cooing at the baby girl in El's arms. "Can you imagine when they're older and they have to explain why they're named that? That would be so scarring, yet hilarious!"

Liam glared at Louis and took the baby boy from my arms. "Don't listen to him. I'll give you both proper names."

"Like what? Ginger and Egg? Li-Li, just freakng name them already! We've just been calling them 'baby boy' and 'baby girl'! That is SO much lamer than Chewbacca!" Niall said in exasperation, making Liam roll his eyes.

"'Ginger and Egg'? That's even worse than Chewbacca!" Zayn said, laughing at Niall's choice of names. "Your poor children, man. They'll probably have the worst names and they'll definitely hate you for naming them."

"Those aren't worse than Chewbacca! Ginger is an actual name," Niall said back.

"Not Egg! That's food, Nialler. In fact, both of those names ARE food," Zayn retorted. "You do love your food, don't ya?"

"Of course! Who doesn't? But that's besides the point right now! Li-Li, you need to name them, and frankly, I don't care what you name them. As long as they actually HAVE names," Niall said, turning to Liam.

"I know. I think I've got some names for them," Liam said thoughtfully and looked down at the baby in his arms.

"Good! What are they?" Niall said excitedly.

"How about Ethan for him? And for her, she can be named Claire Hope. Because she gave, you know...Hope is all I really needed to get through all of this," Liam replied, lost in thought. 

"Woah. That's pretty deep, Li-Li," Niall said.

I smiled at that and agreed with the names. "Those sound perfect, Li. Claire Hope and Ethan-...What did you say his middle name would be?"

"Hmm? Oh, I didn't come up with anything yet. Maybe you could think of something," he said and smiled at me. 

"Wait! You're actually gonna let Harry name him?" Niall asked in shock.

Liam and I rolled our eyes at him. "Just the middle name. It'll be better than all the other names YOU suggested, Ni," Liam retorted.

Before Niall could say anythingthing else, I suggested, "How about James? It's your middle name, so why not?"

"That's my middle name too! That works! Come on, Li-Li! Name your child after me! I mean, us!" Niall exclaimed in excitement.

LIam chuckled and shook his head. "Ethan James? Okay, fine. Do with that what you will. I like how it sounds anyways."

"Yes! Hear that, Zayn? He's naming the baby after me! NOT you!" Niall said happily and actually started jumping.

"Whatever. My name is too good for anyone else," Zayn muttered back, along with some profanities.