Chapter Fourteen- A Little to Close

It's been a couple months since Maxie and Archie agreed to be together relationship wise. They haven't told the grunts yet but were planning to eventually when they felt comfortable because it would be a little odd since the grunts believe they're enemies.

The Magma grunts were a bit suspicious about how only Archie would peacefully walk into Maxie's office like no big deal. However when Maxie when to the Aqua team's base they tried to attack him and even try to kidnap him and hold him hostage to make Archie proud but it really didn't. But the bosses played along on it. Archie finally got his grunts to settle down with Maxie coming and going as he pleased. The grunts didn't disturb them either. All the two did would hug and have small conversation about a date night.

The grunts and admins were getting pretty suspicious about it and even notice their bosses walking around not arguing for once. The grunts did sometimes cooperate with their enemy team and talk about it.

Their bosses seemed to stop paying attention to the actual missions they've been working on and fighting for.

---

"Tabitha what are you doing on your mobile device? You've been on that thing almost all day!" Maxie glared and took the phone from Tabitha's hands. "Maxie, sir please return my phone to me." Tabitha said sort of panicking for his phone to be returned to him. Maxie saw he was texting someone. Their contact name was 'M' with heart emoji's around it. "Tell your little crush or whatever you have work today and cannot speak right now." Maxie said as he handed Tabitha his phone back.

"Uh-um.. We're actually doing something for once?" Tabitha said as he put his phone away. "What are you saying? We've been planning this for a while now, Tabitha. We're going to fight Team Aqua. Me and Archie had this discussion a while ago and I informed everyone of this during our meeting." Maxie said getting a little annoyed with Tabitha for not paying attention at the meeting. Tabitha apologized.

Maxie gathered up the grunts and told them they were going to battle with Team Aqua. All the grunts were slightly confused because of how unimportant it seemed since they hadn't done anything involving them in a while. One of the grunts giggled and told another grunt "I bet he's gonna make us battle while he and that Archie fellow make out." causing surrounding try to quietly chuckle. Maxie glared at them causing them to hush immediately.

They went over to the place they planned the battle and Archie and his team were already there. They immediately started to battle each other but really the whole time they talked to one another while the grunts battled one another.

"Hey Max, your hair is lookin' pretty nice today." The bearded man said and winked at Maxie and it made him blush. Archie forgot about the grunts actually being around and could clearly see and hear him. Maxie got his Mightyena to bite Archie instead of his Sharpedo.

[ Authors Note: Sorry to intrude but I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes. Please forgive me. ]

Archie winced a little because he wasn't expecting that. "Aw is wittle Maxie not happy with me." Archie chuckled. "Archie just don't talk!" Maxie yelled and made it Mightyena bite Archie once more, but Archie moved out of the way swiftly. "Aw c'mon Max don't make have to get my pokemon after you. You're fragile and I don't want to see that pretty bod of yours get hurt." He said patting his Sharpedo ignoring it's rough skin. Maxie sighed. "Mm.. Archie can we just continue battling our Pokemon?" He asked but Archie shook his head in return. "I asked you if we could have this battle to tell the grunts my idea." He said "Idea?? You never told me this part." Maxie was confused.

Archie got his grunts to hold back their Pokemon and the Magma grunts stopped attacking. "So all of you small runts  may have seen me and Maxie negotiating things yes? Well I have a plan to combine both of our teams together for some bonding." Archie said and put his arm around Maxie's waist. Maxie tried to wriggle out of Archie's grip. "Archie no I didn't agree to this!" Maxie yelled and started to weekly punch Archie while blushing furiously.