After Class

My alarm wakes me up again, I sigh. I had to take a shower so I woke up earlier. I didn't get much sleep last night, I was having nightmares as usual. I quickly grab my clothing and put it in my bag with my usual class things. I quickly make my way out of the dorm room and into the hallway, I see a lot of people in class and out, I don't really know anybody's name yet but I mean it can't be too hard to get to know people, hopefully. I walk into the showers and see Kate just getting out, thankfully fully clothed or that could have been a bit awkward.

"hi, Kate!" I quickly say with a smile "hello.." Kate replied, not sounding the best. "hey, you alright? you don't sound the best" I ask generally concerned. "Its really best if you didn't know, not that you won't eventually find out anyways though.." she replies walking to the sink and looking in the mirror with a discouraged expression on her face. She really seemed like a kind, caring person in general, I wonder what could have happened "Hey, are you sure? I'm not going to laugh or anything, you can tell-" "Just, don't worry about it, I just need some time is all, okay? sorry.." she seemed really sad and I knew well that she was lying but it didn't seem there was much I could really say if she wouldn't tell me anyways so there's not much I can really do.

I dropped my bag and got into the showers and closed the curtain and unclothed myself and turned on the shower. I heard the door open and a females voice "Hey, Kate. How you doing?" the unidentified voice asks. "I'm here, thanks again for standing up for me yesterday, I needed that" Kate responds, I was kind of offended that she seemed more open with her then with me but then again shes probably known her for a longer period of time. "Anytime. That guy has issues" The unidentified voice states. who? what guy? is this a relationship thing or harassment? Oh dear.. "Doesn't everybody here? By the way Max, Do you still have my copy of 'The October Country'?" Kate asks. I do recognize the name max, shes the girl that took a selfie in class yesterday. "Oh, yes. Of course. I didn't realize Bradbury was such a poet." Max answers Kate. I guess she had borrowed something of Kate's. they seem like good friends, I'm honestly kind of jealous. "Can you bring it to my room this morning? I just need to take some notes for class" Kate asks, I wonder what we are doing in our literature classes, I didn't really get to know because the day was cut short yesterday. "Absolutely, ill bring it by later"

soon after the conversation I hear the shower next to me turn on and soon after that it was pretty much time for me to get out and going.I get dressed and walk out and see Kate still standing at the sink. I really was worried about her, I wonder what could have happened? just as I'm about to leave I see two others from class come in, the girl who's a suck up for Jefferson and her friend Taylor, who I did know because i heard some other girl talk to her.

"Whats up Kate?" I hear the unnamed girl say. maybe they are friends? it seems like a friendly introduction "School" Kate replies "that's it?" Taylor asks. "That video of you clubbing didn't look like homework" the other girl said. I'm really getting bad vibes from this. "Victoria that wasn't me!" Kate replies annoyed, I need to jump in. "Oh my god, right." Taylor says sarcastically. "hey! I've seen you somewhere.. Victoria i think i saw a guy watching a porno of you on his phone the other day outside! Man, what a coincidence! he seemed very interested" shit did I really just say that? oh god I've just ruined my chances of friends, this girl looks like EVERYONE follows in her footsteps.

"I'm sorry who are you?" Victoria asks "Decent." I reply "Kate lets go" I quickly grab my stuff and walk out the door with Kate "Thanks.." she quietly says "anytime" I say with a soft smile, she quickly rushed off to her room and i head out to class.

I rush into class and end up very early, Mr. Jefferson was looking through his computer and quickly darted his attention to the door. he had a different look in his eyes then when I first saw him. I'm not going to think much of it, its probably nothing. "You're a bit early Ashley." he says looking back at his computer doing what I presume is work related things. "Sorry Mr. Jefferson. I could leave if you wan-" "No, no. Its fine. have a seat. I needed to talk to you about an assignment anyways" I take a seat and put my stuff out on my desk.