Chapter 10

Josh's P.O.V

These past few weeks with Maya have been amazing. I'm excited that she is coming to New York with me and then we wouldn't have to be apart.

When I seen Maya at Christmas dinner, I knew what I had to do. And we are older now so it's not so bad.
Maya is the best thing that has happened to me.

As I watch her sleep, I realized how lucky I am. She is smart, gorgeous, talented, adventurous and she isn't afraid to break the rules.

I kiss her on her forehead and pull her even closer to me. She stirs slightly and then her eyes flutter open.

Maya: Josh, what are you doing?

Josh: Nothing go back to bed. I just wanted you closer.

Maya: Okay but wake me up in 30 mjnutes please I have to get ready soon.

Josh: Okay babe. Sleep.

After that she fell back asleep. I decided to make her breakfast in bed because she has been really stressed lately.

I know that moving is very stressful. So I understand if she doesnt want to go out on dates right now or anything.

She deserves to relax once in a while. So hopefully this breakfast sill help her. I cracked 2 eggs into a pan,  put some bacon and sausages into another and put some toast in the toaster.

When it was finshed, I placed it on a tray and grabbed a glass of orange juice since it's Maya's favourite.

I walked to her bedroom and seen that she was already awake and was on her phone crying.
"Maya, what's wrong?" I asked her as she stares at her screen.

She is silent for a few seconds then she says " Josh..... is this true?" She asks and shows me her phone. It was a text from my ex- girlfriend.

She sent Maya a screenshot of our messages and it said that I didn't even like Maya, that I was just using her.

"Maya, I swear I never sent those texts to Selena. Look go on my phone search it all. Please you have to believe me. Look at what time those messages were sent. Yesterday at 6 p.m. Maya I was here with you, we were watching a movie. I was never on my phone." I pleaded. She has to believe me I never sent those texts.

Maya studied those texts for a minute then put her phone down and looked at me. I anxiously looked back, hoping that she believes me.

" Josh, I know you didn't send her those texts. I think she sent them to her self and just put your name as the contact. The texts said my green eyes look like shit and that they are ugly. But -" I cut Maya off.

"You have blue eyes. Beautiful blue eyes that I love so much. Maya I know we haven't been dating that long but Maya I have feelings for you that I 've never had for someone else. " I don't know what it is about her.

Maybe it's the way her eyes crinkle when she laughs or when she smiles it lights up the room. When I told her a few years back that I was playing the long game I ment it. She is someone who you never want to lose if you have her.

I am more than willing to fight for her. Because I love her. I'm not going to tell her now because alot of shit is happening but I will tell her soon so she knows that I'm always going to be by her side.

"Josh... I don't think that you understand how much I lo- want to be with you. Right now you are my everything and I don't want to give you up. That's why I'm moving to New York. I was going to move anyways but I chose New York so we could be together. I don't want to be apart from you-" I cut her off again.

"Maya, we are never going to be apart. I've been waiting for this. It's like I can't get you out of my head and I don't want to. I'm so glad that you're moving to New York and I'm going to be there right by your side. I'm not going to leave you unless you really want me to and I know we are going to fight but I promise I will never leave you."

" Josh, I've had a lot of people break their promises I really don't want you to be one of those people. Promise me that you'll never leave me, even if I try to push you away please don't leave." Maya started to cry as she was speaking.

"I promise baby. I swear that even through the tough times I'll be there. Even if you don't want me to, I'll do whatever it takes to keep you with me. If you ever feel like this isn't working, tell me because I never want you to feel like you have to be with me. Of course I want you but if you don't want m-" Maya cut me off quickly.

" Josh there is never going to be a time where I don't want you. I love you Josh. And I have loved you for a while. I just.... I just don't know how to deal with my feelings. But what I do know is that I love you." Maya said while crying.

I pulled her into my chest, hugged her and said " Maya, I love you too. And if you ever doubt that I love you, I will say it a million times. Why? Because I love you. Here eat your food it's gonna get cold."

Maya started to laugh when I said that. God I love her laugh. She reached over me to grab the tray and pulled it on her lap. Then she cut up her eggs and started to feed me some too. I purposely put lots of food so we could eat together but she doesn't have to know that.

" Hey Maya, when are we going to go see our new apartment?" I asked curiously.

" Well Lucas comes back from Texas tomorrow so maybe Saturday. Then I can pay first and last and it's officially ours." Maya said with excitement.

I watched her as she ate and feed me food. Then we decided to get ready so she showered and got ready in the bathroom then I showered and put on some clothes.

I pulled out my phone and seen that there was a text from my mom asking me to come over to her house and bring Maya with her. So I told Maya and we got on our converses and left her apartment.