Burning Passion - ch4

He was pacing in his office for the past hour. He was beyond miserable lately. He couldn’t eat, he couldn’t sleep, he couldn’t work. He was like a broken machine. The only one capable of fixing him was Anna. He changed his mind every five minutes. Should he leave her alone or not?

“I told you she would ruin you, man.” Andrea told him “What did you expect from her? To go down on her knees and thank you for loving her?”

“No! I – I don’t know what I expected. I’m in love with her Andy. I really am. I just need to make her see it too.” he stated confidently, but Andrea saw right through him.

“Ok. You’re in love. What about Jen?”

“Oh come on. You know this was a crappy marriage from the get go.” he countered.

“Yes. I know. And you stayed with her no matter what. So what will you do? What if she doesn’t care? What if she has moved on?” she added reluctantly. She hated that she put ideas in his head but it was important. He had to be grounded somehow.

“I don’t give a sh*t anymore. All I want is Anna. It doesn’t really matter if I stay alone after that.” He chose to ignore his sister’s not so subtle hints. “You know me better than that. I never thought I would find her Andy. I can’t lose her. Jen will understand eventually.”

He didn’t care anymore. His marriage was a farce from the beginning. Anna was his ticket to happiness. He already imagined creating a life with her. A nice house and a big back yard, maybe a pool too and their kids running around happily. He smiled at the thought.

“Then go for it tiger.” Andrea laughed. She saw her best friend like this for the very first time. He was finally happy to have found his other half and yet completely miserable without her. It hurt to see him like this. “If you need any help, any help at all, you know where to find me bro.” Besides, he was all she had left from her family. And her big brother deserved to be happy.

“Thanks Andy. I’ll definitely need all the help that I can get. She’s so damn stubborn.” he chuckled “I love you sis.” He said as he felt slightly relaxed and embraced her in a bear hug. Her support made him feel better about what he had already sat in motion.

“Good. The girl has some spunk.” she smiled. “Love you too bro” she said and snuggled in his arms.

-------------------------

A/N: from this point to the end of the chapter the content is a spoiler. If you want to read story #1 Shattering Illusion from the HEART’S DESIRES series – which I am almost done writing and will start posting soon – I advise you to skip it, since it pretty much gives off the ending. With that said, carry on… :)

-------------------------

He chuckled “What is it sis? What did he do this time?” He laughed when he saw her blush. Andrea never blushed. Well, before Noah that is. “Nothing” she mumbled and turned an even brighter shade of red.

“Oh, come on sis. It can’t be that bad.” He loved watching his sister squirm every time Noah did something. And it had been quite often as well.

She huffed and proceeded to tell him how Noah had been chasing her around at home -and occasionally at work- trying to f*ck her senseless. David couldn’t stop laughing and he even chocked on his own saliva, making Andrea smirk at him in a ‘in your face’ look. “Oh Andy. And here I thought you’d be the one doing all the chasing!” he laughed.

He was about two seconds away from getting his ass handed to him. Brother or not he was ticking her off. And her being a Special Opps agent didn’t help him at all. Why did she tell him again?

“Stop it you jerk! It’s not funny! Ever since we seriously talked about having kids he’s been hounding my ass non stop. It was ok when it was about us having a good time but now it’s all about getting me pregnant! All we do lately is $ex. He’s driving me crazy!” she whined “No more ‘Hey doll. How are you today? How was work?’ He is just a $ex machine now.” She loved him but was really pissed at him. “I just want my player back.” she whispered.

“Damn it Andy. Hey, why didn’t you say something? Don’t you want a baby?” he asked as he tightened his hold on his little sister. He rarely saw her like this and never liked it one bit.

“Of course I do! But not like this. It was funny and exciting at first, I’ll admit that, now it’s frustrating. Whenever I so much as try to say something he distracts me.” she complained and leaned away from him, turning to look out the window in an attempt to hide her blush from her brother. She couldn’t resist Noah for the life of her.

“Ok. But you have no one to blame for this sis. Only you. Resist his charms for once.” he smiled, sure she was as bright as a tomato right now.

“Stop making fun of me!” You’re so annoying bro she thought. So annoying.

“Oh, zip it Andy. You know you love his attention. He gives you more than everything and you complain.” he went to her and turned her around. She huffed and puffed but knew he was right. Even as the horny beast that he was, she never had enough of him. She got greedy when it came to Noah.

“Hey, I love the attention. Who would be crazy enough not to? But it is too much. There are some days I can’t even walk straight!” she said quickly before she even realized. She gasped and covered her mouth. Why the hell did I just say that?

He winced. “Too much info sis. Too much.” She looked at him apologetically and they burst out laughing. He hugged her again. “Thanks sis. You made me laugh and forget about it for a while. You always know how to make me feel better.” Yes, he was grateful to have a sister like Andy.

“Anytime bro. Anytime.” She winked and snuggled in her brother’s arms.