i

October 31st, 4:56pm

"Hey guys," Ava greeted her friends Calum and Hayley as she walked up to their usual table in the corner of the diner.

"Hey babe," She said to her boyfriend, Ashton, kissing him.

"Hi," He smiles.

"What do you guys want?" She asks, taking out her notepad and a pen.

"3 chocolate milkshakes and an order of fries." Calum says.

"No double cheeseburgers this time?" Ava laughs, writing down the order.

"We're saving room for tonight." Ashton tells her.

"Oh yeah, Michaels party! I forgot about that."

"Michael and Maddie got Luke and Niara to help put up decorations. They said its gonna be sick." Ashton excitedly says.

"You're still going right?" Hayley asks her best friend.

"Of course! I wouldn't miss a great Halloween party." Ava smiles, slipping her notepad and pen back into her apron.

"And our costumes are still the same?" Hayley asks again.

"Yep."

"Ooh, what are you guys wearing?" Ashton asks.

"You're going to have to wait and see." Ava tells him, smiling at Hayley.

"You should wear that tight black dress. It looks hot on you." Calum smirks at his girlfriend.

"Cal!" Hayley embarrassingly smiles, turning a light shade of pink.

Ava laughs and walks away to get her friends food.

As she's making the milkshakes, she hears the squeaking of a stool, signaling someone had sat down at the bar behind her.

"I'll be right with you," She calls over her shoulder, seeing a man out of the corner of her eye.

Once the milkshakes are done, she plops two handful on fries into a basket, puts it all on a tray and takes it back to her friends.

"Thanks," Ashton says, kissing Ava's cheek, making her smile.

As she turns back around to take the order of the person at the bar, she notices the man was no longer there.

She looks to the door of the diner and sees a man dressed in all black walking out.

"Sir, did you want—" Ava tries to speak but the door closes before she could get her words out.

She shrugs it off, going about her daily routine. After taking up a customers check and wishing them a happy Halloween, she begins wiping down tables.

Once she gets to the bar, she sees a crumpled piece of white paper laying in the spot where the man in black was sitting just a few moments ago.

She unravels the paper, not knowing if it was trash or not.

As she opens it, she realizes it was the top part of a receipt. Someone had purchased 20 feet of rope, a set of 6 kitchen knives and fake blood. The resr of the receipt had been torn off.

Seeing as there was fake blood on the list, Ava thought nothing of it. It being Halloween, people all over town were buying fake blood. All of it was probably just for another party.

"Ava, you get off early right?" Hayley asks as she walks by where Ava was standing.

"Yep. In about 25 minutes."

"Good. Meet me at my house and we can get ready there." She says.

"Okay. See you guys later!" She calls to her friends as they walk out the door of the diner.

Woo chapter one! Did you guys like it?

Here's the couples, just so ya know:
Ashton & Ava
Calum & Hayley
Michael & Maddie
Luke & Niara (my best fren)

Leave comments & rate!! Thanks guys 💗 ily