The Girl Who Learned to Love

She realized very late that he was not his. He will never be.

She still remembered the day when she had finally met him. After hearing so much about him, she was really looking forward to meet  him but little did she know that she was going to experience all this so sudden. She was so against this falling for ‘someone’ affair… she called it ‘unwanted business happening in one’s life ‘. But yeah.. she was romantic.. but she just didn’t believe in falling for someone or love at first sight ‘crap’.

But meeting him.. she clearly understood that romance was a bit filmy.. All the phrases that her friends used like..’Oh he just swept me away..’ ‘Oh.. Am I falling for him’… ‘ He gives me chills down my spine’…. Were.. well.. was true when you see that special person.

She felt it all..

She felt his eyes meaning the world for her..

His smile making her blush like a little girl…

His words meaning the  truth  nothing else.

While she was busy in her little imaginary world that she had built with him… she didn’t know that he was getting a life of his own. She never told him what she felt for him.. she was waiting for him to open out.. cause she felt that he was in love with her as much as she was with him. Little did she know that he was just carrying on with his Playboy image with her .. and that in real.. he had already chosen  his own girl.

When she did come to know about what was really happening around her.. she felt like a stupid looser, who didn’t even had the courage to tell the world what she felt about someone.. someone who she worshipped like God, someone who she gave her time the most .. well it seemed no one knew why she was doing all this.. they all treated her like a little girl.. even the guy who she devoted .

She was devastated. Who will not be? She tried hard to kill all the feelings that she had nurtured in her heart for him. It was difficult. But she thought she had did it. Until she met him again.

The characters around her hadn’t changed. Only one thing had changed. Now he knew her feelings for him. And she was quite apprehensive about seeing him. But she made up her mind that she is not going to be scared of that one single person who had taught her to love.

So she went out there. There was a party. He came right up to her and welcomed her and all the others very warmly.

Seeing him she felt weak in her legs and she couldn’t move and she knew that this was going to be the worst party ever.

But soon the dancing started and that was one thing that made her carefree cause she lived for dancing. So she danced all night with her friends. And soon he joined her and started dancing. She moved back a little . He held her hand and pulled her back into the crowd and made her stay there without letting go of her hand.

She felt chills going down her spine by his touch. She felt blood rising to her cheek and she knew she was blushing . She had always questioned the Bollywood films that showed heroine in pain when the hero touched her.. Now she couldn’t blame them.. she felt the pain.. it was not pain.. it was something that even she couldn’t explain.. it was as if she couldn’t breathe properly.. She felt his eyes on her.. She tried to act normally but in vain.. Slowly he released her hand.. but she didn’t know why a part of her heart wanted to call to him not to let go of her. She felt the warmth of his hand still lingering on her skin.

That party ended .

She realized two things … She was still in love with him.. And he wasn’t And he was in love with his girl .

But she no longer cared.

All love stories did not end happily she knew that for one reason.  Cause her story with him had ended.. But not the love for him.

Sometimes she felt that falling in chocolate was much easier than falling in love.

But she knew that falling in chocolate woudnt have made her feel like this… All this new feelings that she had learned , the happiness of being in love, the hurt of being ignored , the angst and excitement when you see him… She learned so many things.. Hell yeah..

But she didn’t still know what it is to be loved … To love .. she knew.. to be loved… She didn’t know whether she would ever be loved by anyone…

As she thought about all these things.. she still felt that warmness in her hand where he had held her..And she knew for some reason that .. that warmth will go only when she herself becomes cold …. In her death bed.

Because she loved him till death.