Chapter 4: Cause of Death; Death Note

*3rd Person POV*

-Day 2-

Everyone got up in a hurry the next morning because they wanted to complete the next nine trials as fast as possible.

"So, where is the next trial?" Keith asked.

"I'm honestly not sure but I guess we could ask Jenkins." Olivia said. The Smosh Squad headed downstairs to the entranceway to find Jenkins. They found him sitting in the staff lounge, sipping on a cup of tea.

"Jenkins, do you know where the second trial is located?" Shayne asked as the rest of the squad entered the lounge.

"Well, I'm not exactly sure but you should probably start by walking outside; something usually happens when you walk outside this house."

"Okie dokie. C'mon guys, let's go!" Courtney said as she ran out of the room. Everyone else followed except Jenkins, who just sat in his arm chair and was sipping on his tea. They ran outside the Smosh house to see chaos on the streets.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?" Noah screams.

A girl ran up to Noah screamed, "ARE YOU AN IDIOT? People are just randomly choking on the street! It's because of those people up there!" The girl points up to a cloud with people in black robes flying on it. In the middle of the hooded figures, was a red eyed Ian.

"What the fuck? What is Ian holding?" Courtney said, squinting her eyes to see what Ian is holding.

"Is he holding a Death Note?" Keith asked.

"That explains why people are choking to death." Olivia said. "But who are they?" She said, pointing to a group of people walking through the streets in white robes. In the middle of the white robed people, was a man who looked like Anthony.

"Is that Anthony? What's he holding?" Noah asked. Just as he said that, Anthony wrote something in the book he was holding and a women came back to life.

"He's holding a Life Note!" As soon as Shayne yelled that, Anthony and the white robed walked over to the Smosh Squad.

"You must be the Smosh Squad! This is your second trial and you are destined to stop the evil Ian from killing the innocent!"

"Um, why is he killing the innocent?" Courtney asked.

"He found a death note and started out using it for good. Ian wiped all criminals off the face of the Earth but he wanted more. He started killing innocent people that 'annoyed him' but they did nothing to Ian. So, I need your help because we are the only ones who can stop Ian. He can't kill any of you or me, or anyone in my sacred group."

"Is this gonna be some satanic, cult shit?" Keith asked.

"No, don't worry. Satan isn't apart of this... at least not yet. Anyways, let's go somewhere where we can talk." The squad, Anthony and his gang headed back towards the Smosh house. They walked inside and went to the library.

"Ok, how do we defeat Ian, Anthony?" Courtney asked.

"Well our creators made a Death Note video and they killed Ian in the video by pulling the old switcheroo. Switch the Death Note with the Life Note by simply putting a book cover over the book but, we need someone to go undercover."

"So who's gonna go undercover?" Noah said.

"I'll go." Keith said.

"Keith you can't go." Anthony said.

"And why not?" Keith said, looking moderately pissed off.

"Because Courtney is our best shot to get to the book."

"WHY ME?!" Courtney asked.

"Isn't it obvious? We all know Ian has a secret crush on Courtney. If Courtney could get Ian to spare her and let Courtney hang out, she could switch the books. And if anything happens, she'll have the Life book to help. Once she gets the Death Book, we'll write Ian's name and he'll die."

"Fine, I'll do it. But how do I get Ian's attention?"

"He's outside killing people right now. Here's a bag with your phone, the life book, the book covers and some cookies."

"How did you get all of this when you've been with us the whole time?"

"That's not important right now. Right now, you need to go be with Ian and save the dimension."

"Good luck Courtney!" Everyone said.

"Anthony, what if I need backup?" Courtney said, just before she left.

"I'll send the rest of the squad if you need help."

"Okie dokie, bye guys!" Courtney said as she walked out of the Smosh house. She ran down the road, trying to catch up to Ian's flying cloud. When she reached the cloud. Courtney yelled, "Hey Ian!"

Ian looked over toward Courtney with a huge, evil smile on his face.

"Hello Courtney."

I'm so happy you guys like this story! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I might not update so quickly, I'm leaving for sleep away camp soon.